What's new

A little cigar history

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
This was posted at Blind Man's Puff today...Interesting.

Joya de Nicaragua has announced a new line extension of their Clásico brand, called Clásico Medio Siglo. They are also updating the look of the original Clásico line. The story of the Clásico goes that in 1970, President Somoza of Nicaragua met President Nixon of the United States for dinner at the White House. Somoza was unaware that his country was making handrolled cigars. After the customary official dinner, Nixon had invited Somoza to retire to the Green Room, where - also as was customary - he invited the Nicaraguan to enjoy brandy and cigars with him. Nixon offered a box - and Somoza was astounded to see it was emblazoned with the brand Nicaragua Cigar Company. He was even more astounded when a smiling Nixon told him it was the official cigar of the White House. He enjoyed them so much that by the time his plane landed back home at Managua Airport, he already had a plan to be part of Nicaragua’s burgeoning cigar industry.

Thebutcher

testing testing.....is this thing on?
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found this at Neptune about the Joyo De Antano 1970

Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 is a cigar created as a tribute to the Nicaraguan puro of yesteryear, a cigar so good that it had been chosen to replace the Cuban cigars in the White House after the Cuban embargo. This is a powerhouse of a smoke, handmade with all Nicaraguan tobacco that is robust and spicy. Joya de Nicaragua Antano 1970 has been aged to develop a complex flavor profile that tantalizes the seasoned cigar smoker with notes of pepper, almond, coffee, cocoa and cedar. The cigar is made by Alejandro Martinez Cuenca, the man who brought back Nicaragua's oldest cigar brand, Joya de Nicaragua.

I put a 5er in my cart with some others