What's new

[A Little Worried] H.R. 293: Bill Introduced in Congress Would Ban Internet Cigar Sales

Gabriel Theodoulos

Uncle Gabe
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I ran across this article at Halfwheel.com that talks about a bill submitted by a Democrat Congressmen that would ban internet sales of smoking products online in order to stop children from accessing smoking products online.

Has anyone else heard about this? If Halfwheel.com is correct, I would be in some serious trouble. Twin Falls, Idaho has some less than stellar cigar shops, and 99% of my cigars are bought online. :cry::cry::cry:

Article: https://halfwheel.com/bill-introduced-in-congress-would-ban-internet-cigar-e-cigarette-sales-flavored-tobacco/292213
Bill: https://www.congress.gov/bill/116th-congress/house-bill/293?q={"search":["Stop+Tobacco+Sales+to+Youth+Act"]}&s=2&r=3

CAJoe

King Dude
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
This is very concerning, although there are no cosponsors at this time. Once these type of bills start though, they keep going until they eventually pass. I support my B&M's but on any large purchases I have to do them online as the taxes in CA are so damn killer. What something like this would do is push sales underground or out of the country.

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I don't see this one getting very far, hopefully. I find it interesting the representative who brought it forward is from Connecticut. According to some quick research, tobacco is still one of Connecticut's top crops (#4) and brings the state over $35M in revenue each year. It seems odd a representative would support/propose a bill that could damage a portion of his/her state's economy.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I don't see this one getting very far, hopefully. I find it interesting the representative who brought it forward is from Connecticut. According to some quick research, tobacco is still one of Connecticut's top crops (#4) and brings the state over $35M in revenue each year. It seems odd a representative would support/propose a bill that could damage a portion of his/her state's economy.
you can't apply logic when it comes to the lawmakers in this dumbass state :mad:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Like many BOTL’s I purchase the majority of my cigars on line both because of the convenience and not being able to get to the local B & M (the only decent one) as often as I’d like. There are others for whom on line purchasing is their means of procuring cigars. This bill will greatly impact these consumers. Also while it will cut into the profits of the larger cigar makers I fear it will force many of the smaller producers to fold up. I find that unacceptable. This country and it’s prosperity was built largely by small business. I have called my representatives and expressed my adamant opposition to this bill. I encourage the brethren here to do likewise.