What's new

A new kind of dry.... lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I started making cigars back in March in a small laundry room. During the summer the humidity would be maybe 45% at most. The fall has been pretty nice, some temps in the teens to twenties. A couple days ago we got about 6 inches of snow. The dry air combined with a new furnace equals humidity below 20%!! haha

Them leafs are drying out VERY fast! I try and keep them in the bag until I am ready, but holy cow! I was wrapping some cigars tonight and I couldn't leave the wrapper out more than a few minutes before I almost couldn't use it. haha!

I need a humidifier!

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
I started making cigars back in March in a small laundry room. During the summer the humidity would be maybe 45% at most. The fall has been pretty nice, some temps in the teens to twenties. A couple days ago we got about 6 inches of snow. The dry air combined with a new furnace equals humidity below 20%!! haha

Them leafs are drying out VERY fast! I try and keep them in the bag until I am ready, but holy cow! I was wrapping some cigars tonight and I couldn't leave the wrapper out more than a few minutes before I almost couldn't use it. haha!

I need a humidifier!
Yeah, that's a challenging situation. Maybe roll moist and then they're good to go in an hour or two.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
We have started using our furnace and that's what makes rolling such a challenge. It's so nice to roll in the summer with the indoor humidity. Even the A/C leaves the air with enough humidity that rolling is a pleasure. Now it a battle with the environment.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Kinda the main reason I like using the tubs instead of bags is the interaction of going in and out of them. Sometimes doing more them one at a time happens, (pulling leaf out to assemble) it mostly is one at a time. Though, it is a little more wet in the tub then it needs to be because, drying is my motive moving forward. Seasons change and so will I follow.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Do you have tots or grand-tots? If so, you almost certainly have a diffuser round the house. Nana sets a diffuser beside the tyke's crib to loosen up baby's booger-nose. Looks something like this:

That's an old old pic... I have not used that bamboo cutting board, for instance, for years and years. But the diffuser is still here, and works well. The vapor you see steaming out the top hole, look how it falls as vertical mist over my work place.

If you don't have one, they don't cost much... fifteen to twenty-five bucks.

Your yogini uses a diffuser to spread the aroma of "essential" oils throughout her studio. Speaking of aroma, don't you find the soap odor a distraction in the laundry room? This day and age, every home needs a home office. Doubles as a den. Might convert to a guest room at need, or napatorium at whim. Gotta be a better place for you to roll. Any place less redolent of skid marks, pit stink, socks, and detergent. When rolling, I like to have the budgie chirping over my shoulder, music or YouTube coming from the puter, and, most of all, the whole room stinking of fine baccy.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Do you have tots or grand-tots? If so, you almost certainly have a diffuser round the house. Nana sets a diffuser beside the tyke's crib to loosen up baby's booger-nose. Looks something like this:

That's an old old pic... I have not used that bamboo cutting board, for instance, for years and years. But the diffuser is still here, and works well. The vapor you see steaming out the top hole, look how it falls as vertical mist over my work place.

If you don't have one, they don't cost much... fifteen to twenty-five bucks.

Your yogini uses a diffuser to spread the aroma of "essential" oils throughout her studio. Speaking of aroma, don't you find the soap odor a distraction in the laundry room? This day and age, every home needs a home office. Doubles as a den. Might convert to a guest room at need, or napatorium at whim. Gotta be a better place for you to roll. Any place less redolent of skid marks, pit stink, socks, and detergent. When rolling, I like to have the budgie chirping over my shoulder, music or YouTube coming from the puter, and, most of all, the whole room stinking of fine baccy.

I actually order a diffuser after watching your 'how to' video, when I first started. lol It might be on the smaller side as it really doesn't put out a lot of vapor. Also, I don't get a lot of laundry soap smells in the laundry room. I use liquid detergent, not sure that has anything to do with it.