What's new

A New "treasure" From Avo

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
Copied and pasted this from a site: http://www.cigarcyclopedia.com/webapp/content/view/1102/27/

A NEW "TREASURE" FROM AVO

Los Angeles, March 12 – If it’s springtime, another Avo limited edition is ready to be unveiled.

Starting with the Avo 75 in 2001, a special Avo cigar has been released each spring and 2008 is no different. Welcome the Avo “Tesoro” to the family!

“Tesoro” means treasure and Avo Uvezian, working with Hendrik Kelner at Tabadom Holding in Santiago in the Dominican Republic has come up with a unique new cigar that’s unlike anything in the current Avo lines.

For one thing, it’s presented upright in a two-row box of 10 cigars per row, or 20 per box. The cigars do have a traditional band just below the head, but rather a single band around the foot! Finally, the cigars are packed head in, so only the foot – with its band – is visible when opening the box.

The cigars themselves have an Ecuadorian sun-grown wrapper, Dominican-grown binder and filler leaves of Dominican-grown Piloto, Olor and San Vicente tobaccos. That gives the blend a spicy flavor in a medium-bodied cigar that measures 5 3/4 inches long by 50 ring gauge.

Retail pricing has not been announced yet, but the cigars will begin appearing soon at Davidoff Select Merchant locations. As usual, there will be a national tour of cigar dinners to introduce the Avo Tesoro, beginning on March 20 in Lake Mary, Florida, hosted by the Corona Cigar Company. Eight other events have been scheduled through April 30 in New York, New York; Horsham, Pennsylvania; Arlington, Virginia; St. Louis, Missouri; Denver, Colorado; Scottsdale, Arizona; Dallas, Texas and Cincinnati, Ohio.

The 2008 limited-edition Avo celebrates the composer’s 82nd birthday this year. The initial limited-edition, the Avo 75, was so popular that it was turned into a regular-production cigar now known as the Avo Signature Series. Could the Tesoro be the next to become a full-fledged Avo line?

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
So I had one of these the other day and it was pretty tasty like a more refined LE05, but they are selling really fast. Hopefully there are more of them as I just cant bring myself to buy a box at this time.

Volusianator

BoM Nov '07 & Jan '09
Rating - 93.8%
86   4   1
Sounds very nice. I wish the owner of our shop would get on the bandwagon and get some new stuff once in a while, it's always just the same ol thing.

bballbaby

Nov '08 BoM
Rating - 100%
183   0   0
Ocat was selling 5 of em along with about 20 other fine smokes earlier this week. Apparently they hit the streets a few weeks ago.