A Newibies Musings ===

Discussion in 'Cigars' started by chefjohn, Jan 25, 2019.

1. chefjohn

chefjohn

Media:
    Albums:
    I’ve now been a member her since October andI feel compelled to share some thoughts. I have been involved in a number of groups that have been shalll we say less than welcoming but the brethren here have been extremely warm and welcoming. At my age I am hardly a babe in the woods and while I have always enjoyed a good cigar only since my retirement have I really gotten serious about them. I have had and continue to have questions. I am so appreciative of the folks here that have patiently answered the many questions I have had and am truly thankful for each of you for your fellowship and camaraderie as well as you advice.

Jim D, Jody, CVAC085 and 22 others like this.
  2. soonerwings

soonerwings

Well said good sir. Louisville huh? Love that place. I usually come out to fly in the Thunder airshow but I’m skipping it this year. I thoroughly enjoy sitting in Match Cigar Bar while sipping on a Kentucky Breakfast Stout (they have it on tap) and smoking a good stogie.

Don’t even get me started on the bourbon y’all have out there.....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Grantster and Opie like this.
  3. chefjohn

chefjohn

Media:
    Albums:
    Thank you for you kind words Sooner. Next time you do get here let me know. I have quite a few contacts and will get you a REAL behind the scenes tour of some of the better distilleries.

4. soonerwings

soonerwings

Thank you for your generous offer. If I make it out next year we should burn one and shoot the breeze. I’m all about meeting a fellow BOTL for a smoke/BS session.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

chefjohn, Opie and mpomario like this.
  5. Thebutcher

Thebutcher testing testing.....is this thing on?

Well said chef!
    I to have been impressed with folks here,politeness and common decency have been replaced on the web by loud mouth snarky, selfish morons that have to have there say.
    This place is a breath of fresh air. As a mater of fact I haven't posted on other forums in six or seven years.

Opie likes this.
  6. Jbb1959

Jbb1959

Well said. I too just started getting serious about cigars. 1 1/2 years now and this place has been of great help. Very friendly and full of great information.

Opie, chefjohn and Hopduro like this.
  7. redneck_toy

redneck_toy Fuente Fanboy donor5

This place is truly a brotherhood, first and foremost. I've met several of my dearest friends here, have flown to Buffalo, Las Vegas, and Missouri to meet up with them, and have Vherfs fairly regularly with 8 to 10 or so. Cigars are what brings us together, but found out quickly that it runs way deeper than that. If only the world operated like this place......