What's new

A Pontillo Cigars??

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Does anyone have any info on these cigars? I'm not sure that is spelled correctly.

DWSC mentioned them as being the seed chose for A Fuente cigars.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
hmmm... while I was in myrtle beach last week, the guy in the shop I visited (Nick's Cigar World in North Myrtle) reccomeded that i try an "A Pontillo" based upon my selections. It was very good, and I went back that friday cuz they were hosting a little 'party' with snacks, beer, and the owner of that brand. Picked up 4 more friday and chatted with the owner, a guy named AJ Pontillo. Apparantly, he's worked in the cigar/agriculture business for a couple of decades, and he recently decided to launch his own brand. It hit the market about 17 months ago, first in only 1 store, and he said that as of now he's in 11 states (i think).

There are 3 blends: Natural (my 1st one), Maduro, and Paragon which is supposed to be even more full-bodied. From what little i could find about them online today, they are a hidden gem in the southeast. Priced in the $4-6 range. If you can't find them around town, you can order online from NicksCigarWorld.com Definately worth a try, IMO :smokingbo