What's new

A real Barber shop

BGC

Zach
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Hey everybody rained out today and found out we got till Tuesday for the appraisal so I'm takin a break and some time to catch up. Anyway, so I've been needing a hair cut and I'm working a couple towns over from my house in Flemington. I come across a place called Choppers Old School Barber Shop. Needless to say I left impressed. All said and and done got out of there for $30 with straight razor shave hot towel and all and a haircut done right. Places like this are far and few between in Jersey especially they don't teach the real barber skills in Jersey this particular guy learned from an old Italian guy. Its about a 20 min. ride for me and worth it.

Gummi Bear

Righteously Indignant
Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Gotta love that, there's a real barber just around the corner from my house, and sometimes as a treat, it's nice to go in and get a shave with the fresh hot cream and a great haircut.

Worth every single penny.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
There's one in Leesburg VA (used to be in Shepherdstown WV) that does all that. He has the old barber chairs and stuff.
Bonus: He also sells cigars.

When I was taking care of my Dad after his stroke Marvin would do house calls for me. He had a mobile set-up and would give Dad the whole treatment (hot towels, hot lather, shave and haircut) right here in the kitchen. It was pricey at nearly 50 bucks but Dad loved it.

I actually don't get my hair cut there much since I've discovered barbers tend to be used to doing shorter haircuts and tend to do the same to mine. My hair is not really long anymore but it is still sort of long compared to most guys these days. What can I say. Child of the 70's.