What's new

A reintroduction of sorts

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi all. I was a member here a while back, when I was a tobacconist at a local shop. At the time, I had a HUGE collection of sticks, pipes and more. Since that time, I lost everything (over 2000 sticks ruined in a flood!) and have had to rebuild my life. I was fortunate that before all this, I was able to pass on my pipes to a good friend to enjoy since I wouldn't be able to afford the hobby any longer.

Well, today in passing we were talking about the "good ole days" and I mentioned that I had been looking for a pipe like my old ones and couldn't find one in the right size/shape, and damn was I broke so I was going to end up with a corn cob pipe and hope for the best. Well wouldn't you know it but he ducks off to another room and comes back with the pipes I gave him so many years ago! And with some semi fresh tobacco of my favorite blend to boot! Seems he could never get it right, no matter how hard he tried and had put them down.

Now, they aren't pristine anymore, and he was never able enjoy more than half a bowl before giving up, but everything I gave him was there, from the pipe cleaners to the nail!

I hate to say it, but at work tonight I nervously relit my baby, and it was like a long lost lover come back to me. Fit, feel, it was all there.

I could go on but I just wanted to stop in, say HI again since Ill be around now. I miss my cigars and whatnot, but now I can at least enjoy a nice smooth pipe from time to time. Now I just need to get a new case, stand and a better tool and Ill be on the right track again!

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome back from another brother who was gone for a while. I feel your pain as the same thing happened to me 10 years ago, didn't quite lose everything, but lost plenty. Really nice looking pipes, enjoy!

Deadman

What
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the warm welcome home guys. Im already pre-spending money I dont have looking at a colibri pipe tool, a maxpedition fatty thing to carry it all, and trying to figure out how to get some samples from Boswell's!

Last edited: