What's new

A "smokin'" Roadtrip!

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
My brother is turning 40 on Saturday (don’t know how he got to be older than me) and I’m driving up to Maine for the festivities. Looks like I’ll have 12 hrs of driving in each direction. The bride isn’t able to go, so there will be mucho puro fuma goin’ on!

I’ve been filling the travel humidor (thanks for the auction Mark) with the sticks I’d like to try for the past few days and so far he’s what I’ve got loaded up:

VSG torpedo (couple of years old found at the bottom of my desktop)
Graycliff Blue Label Presidente (received as a COTM club offering)
Gurhka Centurian XX
Padron Anniversary (my first)
Diamond Crown Maximus Toro
Litto Gomez Diez Lusitano
PSD4
MC#2
Bolivar Belicoso Finos

Have to look in the ‘dore when I get back from my business trip tomorrow evening to see if anything else begs to be included.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
I just read the review of that Bolivar Belicoso sounds like a nice stick. . . It looks like you and your bro are going to have a nice road trip!

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Hope the weather is good. That will give you a place to smoke while in Maine. Had 3 trips to Maine last year and was shocked at the "NO SMOKING" laws. Basically the only indoor areas that smoking is allowed is a private residence, your hotel room, or outside.

Looks like a great selection for the trip. Enjoy the time with your brother.

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
Jwrussell said:
Sounds like a great lineup! :thumbsup:

Oh yeah, this could have gone in the Cigars forum...:dunno:
Thought that the thread might follow the line of thought that my mental health would be questioned for driving 24 hours out of 72 … that’s more of a general discussion. :headroll:

Any reviews that come out of this will find their way into the right forum. :thumbsup:

With this lineup, I wish someone else was driviing so I could sample my ports, boubons and sm scotches with each (for that full service review) :smokingco

djs134

BoM May '06
Rating - 100%
66   0   1
On the road tonight.

Stopped into a B&M and picked up a few more NCs for my stock. :pokemyeye :devil: Have to add an Edge or two to the above list Also picked up a couple of the new Bolivar Golds (any thoughts on these, looked too nice to leave in the store, kinda like the SPCA of smokes :help:)

Also picked up a couple more DC Maximi (pl sp?). Look's like I might have to miss the turn to Bar Harbor and "accidentally" drive to Nova Scotia just to have time to smoke all of these! :hysterica :hysterica :smokingco :pokemyeye :pokemyeye :sarcastic