What's new

A special occasion or make an occasion special?

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
I have been thinking. Every since I splurged on that Tat sampler, I have bombed or traded all but most of the sticks aside from HTF smokes. When I was putting my bomb smackage away today I was wondering what to smoke and looking at everything EXCEPT the nice Tats.

While I know there is value in aging and patience but given my budget and inventory, that is not in the cards for me until school is done and I am settled in my new profession. besides, all these sticks have been aging and are in perfect condition and ready to smoke NOW!

So I put down the cigar I rationalized smoking because and grabbed a nice Tat and fired. Let me tell you, after a long day of schoolwork and teaching, that 90 minutes of BLISS is better than any therapy or activity with your clothes on!

If you got'em, smoke'm. You deserve it and you can't take them with you, if you know what I mean. :)

Tight Ashes to all BOTL and thanks for everything! :cbig:

whodeeni

the Cigar "Gangsta" ;0(
Rating - 96.4%
149   4   2
Well said brotha.... I keep telling myself this but what is a treat if
you can't enjoy it? "A Tease"! I shall not tease myself anymore!

It's time for a Padron '45 with some bourbon!:cbig:

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
Well said brotha.... I keep telling myself this but what is a treat if
you can't enjoy it? "A Tease"! I shall not tease myself anymore!

It's time for a Padron '45 with some bourbon!:cbig:
*heavy sigh* I remember what bourbon tastes like, I think?

This whole no-carb thing includes alcohol! I have been craving bourbon barrel- aged stout, bourbon, and dark rum, in that order. :cryloud:

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
If you get a box of something fine, it's nice to smoke 'em over time to appreciate how their flavor evolves. Particularly true of cc's and some of pete's smokes.

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
That said, the only things I'd wait to smoke from your awesome sampler is the black tubo and the second of the red tubos (to later compare with the first one, which I would smoke right now!). For all else, I'd fire away! Let us know what you think of the drac and frank when you get around to 'em.

Thegreekone

Banned
Rating - 100%
76   0   0
That said, the only things I'd wait to smoke from your awesome sampler is the black tubo and the second of the red tubos (to later compare with the first one, which I would smoke right now!). For all else, I'd fire away! Let us know what you think of the drac and frank when you get around to 'em.

Cool, thanks for the advice!

And trust me, I look forward to the day when box purchases are the norm and not the except where planets need to align! :thumbsup:

ciggy

"TommyBoy"
Rating - 100%
326   0   0
I undrestand completely what you mean. I'm middle aged and have a hard time budgeting in a staple of HTF or higher end smokes. I try to age but find myself digging in. I think saving them is great if you have the means but for most of us life is to short so treat yourself when you can as much as you can.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I don't subscribe to the HTF idea. If you got it then obviously it wasn't that difficult to get, holding onto said cigar without smoking it...well you might as well have never found it.
Smoke everything you got. it was meant to be smoked.

Rating - 100%
160   0   0
Well said, cigars were made to be enjoyed. reminds me of a ron white quote. "I've got a great cigar collection - it's actually not a collection, because that would imply I wasn't going to smoke every last one of 'em."

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
This reminds me - I have a Tat East and I can't remember where I got it. I know it wasn't a trade so that would mean a Holts pick-up, which would make it probably a year old or more. I just keep seeing it in the humi and thinking if I like it I'll probably never see another...

I tend to wish for special occasions to light up special cigars, but deep down I realize I should also make my time special when I have it available. I always find myself to busy for this or that and sometimes have to remind myself that anytime I have at all is special.

I'm sure it'll probably disappear some weekend while playing with the kids (what could be more special than that?) or tending to the pepper garden.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
The problem with waiting for the right momement is that it may never come. Also the after a huge build up it is hard to meet expectations. Come home from work and fire up that Opus or Tatuaje or Taboda and smile because it made your day.

dpricenator

BoM March 08
Rating - 100%
175   0   3
I save most of my more "prestigious" cigars for special occasions. I have a Sig XI Tubo and a Cohiba Pyramid that both have scheduled execution dates. Not saying I won't smoke something special on a Tuesday night, but I find any cigar, in general, is a great way to end the day. I would hate to smoke my good stuff right now, and show up to a herf with some Don Kiki....

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
I don't subscribe to the HTF idea. If you got it then obviously it wasn't that difficult to get
That doesn't make an ounce of sense. It could have been VERY hard to find and get. Just because you do finally get a hold of something, doesn't take away whatever hard effort and work you put into getting it.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i dont smoke cigars every day. work and life just wont allow it.

i also accumulate cigars at an alarming rate.

to cut back on this alarming rate, i did not increase my cigar budget, but i did increase the quality of cigars that i purchase. very rarely will i smoke something that is not exactly what i want. i have no problem dishing out a good chunk of change for a cigar that will be 90+ minutes of pure joy and relaxation.

i dont save cigars for a special occasion. i smoke only what i consider the best every day. i haven no choice in the matter. thats all i have in the humidor.