What's new

A/T (tubos) storage question

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
How do you guys store tubos in the aluminum tubes? Loose cap? Cap off? Keep it tight for aging to avoid oxygen? I have heard some people say that keeping them tightly sealed can impart some aluminum taste over time. True/false? Anyway, what is the majority opinion for these? Thanks, guys.

Rating - 100%
9   0   0
leave them alone, in tubes in box, they will age just fine, trust me :applause:

Rating - 90%
11   1   0
I usually take them out because I don't have the room. Pluss, I like to be able to look at the cigar when I open the humidor. metal taste should not be an issue as long as it is cedar lined. I would imagine that it would also slow the aging process! But then again, it depends if its cuban or domestic! LOL

Jwrussell

April '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
105   0   0
In tubes, caps on. I tend to open a few to check them when I get them (don't want to open moldy tubes years later), and some recommend opening the tubes up for a few days to let the RH inside the tubes and cigars equalize with what you keep your smokes at. Beyond that though, caps on. As has been said, slows the aging process.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
Loose cap if i think about it, or i just throw em in there....really wont affect the cigar either way...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
I'd say loose cap definatly would age faster could be a problem. I think they put the cap on for a reason. I took mine outside the A/T and adjusted them to the humidity of their new home. Then they went into there A/T home just like a genie in a bottle for a long, long time (till I decide to rub it and command it come out and serve me).:pokemyeye

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
When I get tubos in, I usually take the caps off for a couple of weeks so they can get used to my humidity. Next I put the caps on and don't disturb them. Oh and I've never heard about an aluminum taste since most tubos are cedar lined.

Doofus

Spoon!
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Headbanger said:
OMG THREE TIMES WTF :dunno: :rofl: now stop it
cvm4 said:
Haha...Ya got me!
I was waiting for Cliff and Steve to finish playing grab-ass before I replied.:stickbeat :thumbsup:

Something JW said made me compelled to add a comment. When buying tubos at a B&M, ALWAYS open them up to check for mold. Every tube. I've seen tubes from the same box where some had mold and others didn't. (I learned this the hard way.)