What's new

A very nice surprise!

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0

So yesterday I lit up my first HHG from Viaje. It was from the original release box according to my B&M guy, whom is incredibly trustworthy when it comes to those things. He said they dont move very fast but there are some members that enjoy them. I picked one up and let it rest in my humi for a little more than a week and a half to 2 weeks. Yesterday I told my girlfriend to pick a smoke out from my "on deck" destop humi. She walks out of the bedroom and hands me the HHG. Im guessing it was due to the shiny wrapper haha.

I gear up (lighter, cutter, ashtray, sweater, and winter coat), head outside, cut the cap, and toast it up with the trusty torch. Its an odd cigar as it is sort or a figurado that you light on the pointed end. Anway on to the good stuff. This is an impromptu review because of what a surprise this smoke was.

Scent of cigar was a sweet hay and almost oatmealish.

1st third: From the first lighting the first few puffs which were pretty much ALL wrapper because of the pointed end I knew this was going to be an unexpected flavor profile. It was creamy, earthy, and the very slightest of sweet with no spice. As the first third progressed the flavors became more cream and slight nutmeg. I was loving this!

2nd third: Nutmeg taste and creaminess continued and now I get the slow growth of some very welcomed spice but there was also the smallest nuance of sweetness and it complimented the spice perfectly. It was a mix of a little black pepper and white. Very smooth even on the retrohale. No harshness AT ALL. THis continued for this third.

Final third: At this point it was getting very cold outside but I could not put this thing down. The pepper stayed at a perfect level while the carmel nutmeg was just barely there and the creaminess came on full blast. I had to put it out cause temps dropped but I really did not want to.

I give this smoke a 9/10.

I will definitely revisit again but I feel as if I wont get another one that is that damn good. ALmost like I smoked it at its perfect peak of life! If you come across any of these with significant age on them pick up a pair. I can only hope you experience the same profile I did.

ENV

@Driven_not_Hidden
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
It was amazing. And this is coming from a guy hat hasnt had one good Viaje smoke before this. I almost didn't buy it cause I really did not enjoy any of the other ones I tried (mainly Super shot and other shot series).

If they made a HHG Lancero and they did it right they would probably make a killing!