What's new

A year and a half later update

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
About a year and a half ago I had smoked less than 10 cigars in my whole life. I inquired on another forum in the cigar thread about what little 25 count humidor I should purchase and a handful of sticks to put in it. They sent me straight to BOTL without a minute delay. Fast forward to a year and a half later here I am. I have over 15,000 posts between all the forums I am on but now I visit this website more than any other forum. I have gained more knowledge about cigars than most employees at the local smoke shops have. I currently have 81 cigars in my collection and just picked up a new 300 count humidor today so I have room to finally venture into CC's. When I started I was repeatedly told "Get a larger humidor than you plan on needing!" Well I went from 25 to 100 to 300 and am planning a wineador this summer. You guys were right! To date I have had 63 DIFFERENT cigars and am still trying new ones weekly to find the next great thing. Without your advise I would be still smoking boring cigars but by learning the proper smoking technique and learning what GOOD cigars really are I have a whole new appreciation and love for fine cigars. I even decorated my room with every dress Tatuaje box(still searching for Frank & Face) with help from the brothers here. I couldn't have found a better group of people to associate with. Thank you brothers for the awesome time I have been blessed with here and I hope to continue on for years to come.

-Nick

Rating - 100%
27   0   0
Fine collection you got there bro. Glad you are learning and enjoying cigars that much...We all keep learning more and more on these forums each day. Keep up the work!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Good stuff!

I really started getting into cigars at the end of October when a friend gave me a 75ct humidor. Filled it up after a few months and I upgraded to a 28-bottle Edgestar in March. Roughy 250 cigars later, I just started down the much steeper slope of CCs. Good luck, you'll need it lol

ATL

BoM 10/12, 9/13, & 8/14
Rating - 100%
342   0   0
I'm right there with you. Do yourself a favor and invest in some heartfelt beads. The new units they have at cigarmony.com are great, you could also just get the aluminum magnitized ones they have at heartfelt. I ordered the beads, cracked open my xikar gel unit, filled it, glued it back and it is wonderful. You won't be sorry.

Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Oh, man, you only thought collecting cigars was addictive, wait till you start getting into the CC's now. I bought perhaps 3 boxes before I got into CC's, now it's 2-3 boxes every two weeks...

NickThePyro

GO COUGS!
Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Look at the top shelf of that glass top! Nothing in there!
That whole humidor is empty actually. That is going to be where I store my CC's when I get them.

Put that shark on the top shelf!
That thing is getting lit as soon as I have a nice day to smoke. Im excited to try my first shark! I haven't had an Anejo in many months now.

was it pbnation that sent you here? :waving:
Viva la Nation!

I'm right there with you. Do yourself a favor and invest in some heartfelt beads. The new units they have at cigarmony.com are great, you could also just get the aluminum magnitized ones they have at heartfelt. I ordered the beads, cracked open my xikar gel unit, filled it, glued it back and it is wonderful. You won't be sorry.
The open space in the top left corner is where I am going to be putting beads. I just have to figureout what to order first. I have never seen the Cigarmony HBS yet. Is it any good?

Oh, man, you only thought collecting cigars was addictive, wait till you start getting into the CC's now. I bought perhaps 3 boxes before I got into CC's, now it's 2-3 boxes every two weeks...
I wish I could be be buying 2-3 boxes every 2 weeks, not really in the college kid budget. I have bought 1 box and 1 bundle since I have been smoking cigars.

TravelingJ

Banned
Rating - 100%
54   0   0
The open space in the top left corner is where I am going to be putting beads. I just have to figureout what to order first. I have never seen the Cigarmony HBS yet. Is it any good?
Look into HCM beads. Do some searches here to see all the talks about it. I dumped all my Heartfelt and Cigarmony beads, to get HCM. I've had them for over a year now, and they have treated me much better than the other beads ever did. A little more cash up front, but they will last you till you get something big enough to require active humidification.

rduke10

AKA Dookie
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I feel your pain. When I started on here I had a 100 ct filled with what I know now were cheap smokes. Fast forward to now and I have a Edgestar 28 a 300 ct and a few 100 ct humidors filled with some nice sticks. I started down that slippery slop and I seem to be going faster by the minuet lol. Enjoy the ride.