What's new

A years worth of cigar bands

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So as a habit, and side effect of obsessive compulsive disorder, :) I keep all the bands from the cigars I smoke. In January I dumped all the bands into a box and started a new Beer mug full of 2010 bands.

I hear people talk about what smokes they went to most often in '09 or how much of a certain brand they smoke. I really can't remember a whole years worth of cigars. I can't remember what I had for dinner last night.

So this year I'm gonna calculate the data. I write the date on the band and a few tasting notes and toss it in the mug. Every so often I plan on pulling them out and checking things like ratio of nc to cc, amounts of certain brands, etc... What can I say I am a compulsive list maker and I like data. lol

I think it will be an interesting experiment, at least for me, and rather than keeping a notebook which I will inevitably lose I'll just do it here. If you're interested check back in, if not :eyepoke:

So the rough data for the year so far is ~1:4 cc to nc

:chat: :cbig:

More to come

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Tallied up the first 2 months of the year. Some surprises to me. It usually takes me a while to get in on the "latest and greatest". I have a tendancy to sit on stuff for a long time. Also haven't smoked as many cubans this year as I would like to. Don't know why, in most cases it's not a cost issue as most boxes of cubans cost less than the high end NC's. Making the list made me remember something someone said to me a long time ago. Better smoke them now before your wife's new husband does. lol

So far (assuming I haven't lost any band - I'm sure I have) the breakdown by brand is:

AB: 2 (MAXX, Prensado)
Ashton VSG: 1
Bucanero: 1 (and that's the last time I'll give these a shot)
Camacho: 4 (corojo 11/18-old, SLR Maddie, "C")
CAO: 4 (Braz, gold, La Traviata, Extreme)
Don Lino Africa: 1
La Aurora Preferido: 1 (#3)
Fuente: 1 (King B)
Fuente Opus X: 1 (Super Beli)
Padilla: 3 (Miami x2, Hybrid)
Tatuaje: 2 (Verocu tubo x2)
RP: 3 (OWR, 1990, Edge)
JDN: 2 (Doble Fuerte, Celeb)
Diamond Crown: 1
Torano: 2 (Sig, some unbanded road blend or something)
Illusione: 2 (ECCJ, ~68~)
Graycliff: 2 (1666, PGX blue)
LFD DL: 1
Mac: 1 (I know. They're here, gotta go through them sometime )
San Cristobal: 1
PAN 64: 1
P2k: 1
Nub habano: 1
Oliva V: 3

CC's:

Trini Reyes: 1
VR Famosos: 2
Mag 46: 2
Punch Punch: 1
Monte Edmundo: 1
Monte #2: 1
RASS: 2
RyJ Church: 1
CoRo: 1

That was enough work for the weekend. lol

I need to get more of these Oliva's and Tat's into my rotation. Can't sit on the boxes forever. And better smoke these CC's too before I get hit by a train and the person in charge of clearing out my belongings hits the jackpot.

:cbig:

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
my daughters and i do crafts with the old labels. if u want to part with any of them ill gladly compensate any way possible. cause i cant smoke enough to keep em busy!

PLUSH

Some random brother
Rating - 100%
231   0   0
my daughters and i do crafts with the old labels. if u want to part with any of them ill gladly compensate any way possible. cause i cant smoke enough to keep em busy!
Ha, really, I smoke that in a month. I've just chunking them in a drawer. I always like good cigars, just send me a PM>

rick12string

Caught in the Crossfire
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I have a bunch of bands and can probably get my hands on more this week. PM your addy and I'll get them out to you.