What's new

About Hard Boiled Eggs

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
OK, only reason I am posting this is because I like you guys and I have learned how to solve a Big problem....hard boiled eggs that will not peel.

Instead of placing your eggs in water, get the steamer going, once you have a good amount of steam place your eggs in the steamer, not letting them touch the water. Steam for 13 minutes (not 12 not 14...but exactly 13 minutes). Remove the eggs to a large Tupperware with water and ice, let rest 15 minutes. After 15 minutes pour off some of the water and ice, seal the container and shake 40 times, see above for how many times to shake. Then peel, this works.

As a lover of smoked salmon with hardboiled eggs and onion for a no carb breakfast this an great trick!

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I've been doing the steaming thing for a while, works great. I'll have to try the peeling trick.

Rating - 100%
62   0   0
Last year on Easter my daughter found a hard boiled egg in the yard. It didn't have candy in it, so she chucked it at me. I thought it was funny so I snapped a pic of her letting it fly - moments later it caught me square in the eye. It actually hurt more than you would think a hard boiled egg thrown by a 10 year old would...

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
Last year on Easter my daughter found a hard boiled egg in the yard. It didn't have candy in it, so she chucked it at me. I thought it was funny so I snapped a pic of her letting it fly - moments later it caught me square in the eye. It actually hurt more than you would think a hard boiled egg thrown by a 10 year old would...
never mind the picture of the flying egg....... lets see a picture of the black eye :ROFLMAO:

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Drink enough beer and the shells become irrelevant... conversely the effects of beer and hard boiled eggs become very relevant.
When you get old you need the extra calcium :finger:

You can't imagine how lucky you are it wasn't a raw egg that had been sitting in the yard for a couple of weeks!! It wouldn't have hurt as much but you'd still be living outside.