What's new

Absinthe

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Deva is the standard over in Barcelona. It's kind of like the Jack of absinthes. Of the ones I've tried, Mary Mayans 70% was the best. Spanish absinthes are very good, as are the French ones. Czech is ok, but they produce a lot of junk as well.
Are you buying from the U.S. or overseas? As far as I know the ones you can get over here are shit.

TYLER

smokingIsh

BoM July '09
Rating - 100%
171   0   0
We hung out at an Absinthe bar on bourbon st last time I was there. I bought the bachelor of the party one, little did I know it was $17 a glass. Holy crap, and he didnt even like it!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have to agree with HALON .... Also the crap we get up here is pretty crude. I picked up a btl just before Christmas and tried to release the green fairey three times ... It's now somewhere in the back of my tool shed. Green fairey is out looking for a job. The better stuff must be on the other side of the Atlantic...

Moro

BoM Decembre '08
Rating - 100%
29   0   0
[THREADJACK]Well, I remember a night of drinking it plain (no sugar and water) with scotch after an all ye can drink keg party with jello shots...not good.[/THREADJACK]

rabbgp

Savor
Rating - 100%
42   0   0
[THREADJACK]Well, I remember a night of drinking it plain (no sugar and water) with scotch after an all ye can drink keg party with jello shots...not good.[/THREADJACK]
Sounds like a helluva combination. Bet your head was pounding the next day.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
can anyone recommend a really good quality Absinthe?
Now that I think about it, I believe I might still have some Deva 50 back home. I'll be down there for a couple days during spring break next week, and if you want I can send you a little sample.
Let me know! Deva is used widely in absinthe bars, and is a decent Spanish absinthe.

TYLER