What's new

Acrylic Humidors

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hi Bros,
Well I thought with being new and all I would throw in a question right away. My apologies if this question/topic has been asked before, but I did a forum search and didn't find anything.

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on acrylic humidors, are they generally good, or bad? I ask because I want to upgrade and saw that acrylic was an option.

Thanks,

Mark

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I think that they look great. Just make sure that it has a good seal. Make sure it has some spanish cedar in there too. Dont overdo the humidity. Use Bovedas or Heartfelt beads to humidify.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Thanks for the advice. I guess I just liked the look of them. I gather from your comments that acrylic are more prone to over-humidification.

RonC

www.igloodor.com
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
a wood humi will breath a little bit, so its not quite as easy to overhumidify.
You should still be fine with the acrylic humi. Just use a product that doesnt require you to add any water (Boveda), or requires very little water (Heartfelt beads). The Bovedas should last at least a year for you, and the beads should need very little water.

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Great looks IMO. Awhile back JR had a montecristo humi that was kind of a combo of wood and acrylic that looked superb. It wasnt very efficient as far as space went, but i think it was more of a display kind of thing.