What's new

Advice for noob to ISOMs

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I'm pretty clueless, know a good amount about n/c but know nothing about ISOMs....where to start??? :scratchhe

I've had 3 so far and am sold about their quality, taste and enjoyment. :smokingbo

Poni

BoM Oct 05
Rating - 100%
55   0   0
Post that you want to try a sampler here and how much your looking to spend, i'm sure some bro's could come up with a nice starter pack

tubaman

3 Time BoM
Rating - 100%
173   0   0
Check out samplers for sale, try as many different types as you can. Maybe find a site that will sell samplers or sell by the stick before you start investing in boxes. Or check out group buys for fivers.

Happy hunting!

Rating - 100%
33   0   0
If your ever interested in a sampler or want to try something lmk. I could meet you at the cigar store in EB sometime when I'm in EB visiting my sister or folks.

vperlman

Harleyrider
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I'm not a huge ISOM fan, but I do like Monty #2's, RyJ Churchills and PSD4's a lot. My son is a big fan of the RyJ PC's. Lots of people rave about Siglo VI's, but they're way more money than I would ever spend on any cigar, even at the duty free shop in Madrid.

Oh yeah, I like some of the San Louis Rey's, too, such as the Serie A and PC.

Just some suggestions for a starting point.

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
vperlman said:
I'm not a huge ISOM fan, but I do like Monty #2's, RyJ Churchills and PSD4's a lot. My son is a big fan of the RyJ PC's. Lots of people rave about Siglo VI's, but they're way more money than I would ever spend on any cigar, even at the duty free shop in Madrid.

Just some suggestions for a starting point.
Well, Vic, I am becoming a huge fan, but I tend to be a cheap bastage at times and also stuggle with the value of the more expensive sticks.

Tom, there are some very good values to be had in coronas, gran coronas and robustos. If you want box quantities and look around, you will find some of the older box codes. In this case, "older" typically means 03' vintage. There are some JL#1's from 03 and some SLR Series A from the same time frame, both currently available. Both are great values and ready to be smoked or held.

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
You guys know this is almost 3 months old right? :rofl: And Tom, where did you hear cuban cigars have good quality!? :hysterica Also, if a split is done, please keep it to PM's guys. Thanks! :thumbsup:

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Thanks Cliff
I heard something about them being good....also something about corruption... :headroll: :rofl:

Fox

BoM May '07
Rating - 100%
70   0   0
cvm4 said:
You guys know this is almost 3 months old right? . . .snip
Yeah, but sometimes it is fun to resurrect old threads. :smile: Do it for the noobs! :glassesgr