What's new

Advice on buying seconds, please. And advice on buying pre-embargo Cubans.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I don't want to get taken for a ride. I am a neophyte smoker, and I don't want to buy some cheap garbage, but rather real seconds. And I don't want to buy some cigar that is only reminiscent of pre-embargo Cubans, but rather, real pre-embargos.

Can anyone here give me advice in tracking down these additions to my new humidors?

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
RP Vintage
RP Edge
RP 1992

All good seconds. The"Legal" Cubans made by Pinar in my opinion are not worth the money and nothing like the real thing. The aged, Pre-embargo cubans, when located can be stellar but very expensive

jmatkins

BoM January 08
Rating - 99%
159   1   0
RP Vintage
RP Edge
RP 1992

All good seconds. The"Legal" Cubans made by Pinar in my opinion are not worth the money and nothing like the real thing. The aged, Pre-embargo cubans, when located can be stellar but very expensive
Yea the few I have had of the Pinar's were OK but not worth the money. Way too many NC out there to smoke that are alot cheaper than they are.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Consuegra (Connies) are also great "seconds". These are seconds from, Punch, Hoyo's, Bolivar, Sancho Panza, and the ERDM lines. Bundles run approx $25. Let them sleep for a bit or for a long while and you got one fine cigar. I know JR's sells them and I believe a few other retailers. A great bargain.

Pre embargo cigars or tobacco, you have a snowballs chance in hell finding any..............................buyer beware! Watch for false claims/fakes. Just mho.

Halon

BoM August '07
Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Gotham Cigar Museum is in Clearwater, FL and they will sell you pre-embargoes by the box. Might cost you like $300/stick, but I'm unsure of where else to get them. They have a cigar-of-the-month club, three months is $150, and each month they'll send you 4 pre-embargo clear Havanas (made in the US). Might wanna check it out if you're really desperate.

TYLER

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i grabbed some of the gurkha pre-embargo churchills and torpedos. great smoke! as for seconds, can't help ya there....