What's new

Aeorobie Aeropress

Rating - 100%
4   0   0
Picked up an Aeropress coffee press. This thing makes the best coffee I have ever had.

It is different from a French Press in that the coffee is onthe top of the filter instead of on the bottom. No residue in the cup! Too easy to clean- the advertising is truthfull.

Grind doesn't seem to matter, I have used a fine grind to a medium grind- still great coffee.

Can be an expesso like drink or diluted (Americano). I typically turn the 3 ounces into a 14 ounce cup.

Did I say this thing makes great coffee.

Buying a second one today so I can have one at home and one at work.

owljones

habanoholics anonymous
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
I've heard good things about this little product. I'm probably going to purchase one in the near future.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I've never heard a lot about these. I know I don't usually drink the last sip in my french press because of the residue in the bottom

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
This is an older thread from last year but I just found out about these things. I saw it on Amazon while browsing for gifts, added it to my wishtlist and my sister got it for me.

I usually make espresso at home with a moka pot, but this thing is super! I can press just a single or double shot in a matter of minutes.

You just heat up some water, put in the filter, put a couple scoops of coffee. Then add the water to the number on the side. After stirring and waiting 10 seconds you put the plunger in at a nice slow pace you have espresso directly in the cup.

I would say thumbs up on this. The price is right too, the filters are even cheap.

Theres another gadget called the handpresso which you pump like a bicycle pump. I would have tried that, but its over $100, and requires you to use coffee pods. It does crema and all though but the aeropress seems to make a damn good cup of coffee and you can put whatever grinds you want in.