What's new

AF Hemingway SS....2 HOT 2 SMOKE!!!

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
I am an AF Freak...I love them all, especially the Hemingway line. I have smoked dozens of the SS but the one I had this after noon burned very hot.

I was shocked on how difficult it was to smoke. It started out fine, but it began to warm up very fast, before it was 1/2 way down the heat coming from the smoke was unbeareble. I try to keep as much ash on the cigar as possible while I smoke, but I do not think this was a factor. Like I said, I have smoked many of the AF Hem. SS, and I do not remember them burning like this one did....

Sorry for the sh!tty pic...its from a phone..

It was at this point that I couldnt take it anymore...

Rating - 100%
234   0   0
Maybe little underfilled or the RH was low making it burn faster than normal. You can always slow down how often and the amout of draw when this happens. Better luck next time amigo.

Hendy

BoM Oct 08 / BoM Oct 09
Rating - 100%
575   0   0
Keep your eyes peeled for a post from me in the next day or two.

I am going to put together a AF package for sale. And beleive me, you won't want to miss it.

Daviso27

Never been BoM
Rating - 100%
107   0   0
^This would have been the case last year...since then I have been enforcing the "1-2 puffs a minute rule" Ive been trying to perfect my palate so I try to take my time when smoking. I have an OasisXL and 2 traditional humidifiers...I have never had a problem, my Humi stays at RH 69% to 72%. My digi hygrometer has the MIN/MAX feature that I reset each week and my min was RH69% and my max was RH72%.

Guess it was just a bad roll...

I havent lost faith in AF, I will most likely go after Hendy's sampler.

jwintosh

BoM June 07
Rating - 100%
353   0   0
i'll purge the cigar if it starts burning hot, or too much tar buildup... gently blow through the cigar while torching it... sometimes it works, sometimes it don't!

Fidel

Deceased Dictator
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I love them lil babies. Tried my first SS about 5 months ago (compliments of Mickeyray) and I`ve gone through almost 2 boxes since then without a bad one. Hope yours was just a fluke.