What's new

AF King T

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I had one of these last Saturday. I was getting over a cold and was a tad stuffed but I wasn't impressed at all. I knew it was going to be a mild cigar but was eh. The construction was sound and it burned well.

The only AF's that I consistenly smoke seem to be the Don Carlos and Hemmingway's. The Hemmingway maduro was good as I've only smoked one and the anejo I smoked was good. I feel like I'm in the minority but the 3 or 4 Opus X that I've had I didn't like that much. I keep trying an Opus every year to see what I think. Maybe this spring I will try to get an Opus shark or BBMF and see if they change my mind.

I am not bashing AF as they consistently make quality sticks it's just that the Opus x hasn't fit my flavor profile.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The King T isn't incredibly complex, but it is certainly a decent smoke. I much prefer the Double Chateau Fuente maduro. Of course, the cedar wrap doesn't compete with that tubo by a long shot.

Bear

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
I like them as a change of pace, but the last batch I got near the end of 2009 were not up to the standards of past releases, just my opinion.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I've had a King T and thought it was fantastic! Great cigar but I wouldn't spend that kind of money to get a tube, right? LOL! Question bmony: Why would you spend that kind of money on a cigar i.e. Shark or BBMF for a flavor profile you don't even like? I'll tell ya what just stay away from my opus and stick to what you like:glassesgr

Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've had a King T and thought it was fantastic! Great cigar but I wouldn't spend that kind of money to get a tube, right? LOL! Question bmony: Why would you spend that kind of money on a cigar i.e. Shark or BBMF for a flavor profile you don't even like? I'll tell ya what just stay away from my opus and stick to what you like:glassesgr

Flawed logic on my part in that it's so widely liked I wonder what's wrong with me. On a serious note, I know tastes in cigars can change over time so that is typically why I try one every year or so. I am looking forward to trying a Casa Fuente this spring as I have a sampler a friend picked up for me a year and a half ago.

I also plan on trying one more King T just to verify if I like it or not. I will also am looking forward to trying AF's new Rosado line.

JxBr

Banned
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
The one I had was nothing special but it was right off the truck. I have one in the humi cooking for a few weeks from now. I rarely ever judge a smoke by just one.

Boosted

War Eagle!!!
Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Bmony, you are not the only one who doesn't care for Opus. I think Opus is an overrated smoke, but that's just me. There are many people that would disagree with that. I prefer the Hemi Maddies over all their smokes. I was really surprised with the Fuente Magnum R 52, I thought that cigar was very good out of the box. I wasn't a big fan of the King T either.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Boosted said:
Bmony, you are not the only one who doesn't care for Opus. I think Opus is an overrated smoke, but that's just me. There are many people that would disagree with that. I prefer the Hemi Maddies over all their smokes. I was really surprised with the Fuente Magnum R 52, I thought that cigar was very good out of the box. I wasn't a big fan of the King T either.
I also agree that Opus is overated. Although people keep telling me about those occasional ones or old ones that will "knock your socks off". I have yet to have any that impress me even a little. I have a few that have been aging for a year or two that I'll have to try soon. Maybe my mind will change

-LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I also agree that Opus is overated. Although people keep telling me about those occasional ones or old ones that will "knock your socks off". I have yet to have any that impress me even a little. I have a few that have been aging for a year or two that I'll have to try soon. Maybe my mind will change

-LB

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Funny but this thread is not about Opus.:hammersma

funkejj

BoM December 09
Rating - 100%
255   0   0
I have not tried the T yet but will. Now with opus I have had some that were blah but some where one of the best things I have smoked. It all depends on when it is in its prime. Some of the vitolas I don't care for as others I do. Remember cigars are all subjective. Every person is unique and so is each stick.

Rating - 100%
57   0   0
T, if you thought the king t was good, i may have to revisit it as the one i had left me flat.
Bob, of course I'm going to like it... It's called the King T!

All right now I am gonna have to go try one

Chuck, it's nothing super special, I like the chateau line for a lite smoke and a 1st smoke of the day plus I just really like Dominican tabac and I think AF rolls some of the best cigars with it that's JMHO.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Bob, of course I'm going to like it... It's called the King T!

Chuck, it's nothing super special, I like the chateau line for a lite smoke and a 1st smoke of the day plus I just really like Dominican tabac and I think AF rolls some of the best cigars with it that's JMHO.
Well I liked the new rosado release so who knows. Normally fuente is light for me but these are nice in the morning