What's new

Africa falling apart

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok fellow BOTL about 2 weeks ago now my dad and I took a trip up to Rockford IL. (Actually he took the trip I just rode along because I knew that the Tinder Box was up by where he was going and we don't have a B&M where I live.) We had a good time and while checking out of said store I picked up a tin of 4 Don Lino Africa Kuros cigars. I always thought the tin was neat and wanted to try the cigar. Well after 2 now all I can say is the things keep falling apart in my mouth. I took a very shallow cut with my Palio on the 1st and the thing practically disintegrated. On the second I used a wedge cutter (a V cut) reckoning that by taking less of the cap the stick my hold up better. It held up, but I was still taking peelings of the wrapper out of my mouth. Are these just bad cigars or is it me? The tin was like 10-14 bucks so I am not exactly thrilled about not getting to smoke the cigars I purchased because they are falling to pieces...literally. I gave 1 away to a friendly mooch at work, so that leaves me with 1 remaining Kuro and I am leaving in the humidor for a minimum of 2 months to see if some time settling out of its tin may help.
As for Don Lino? I think I will stick to the J Fuego Origin originals.. 1 more cigar in a bigger better style.:cbig:

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yeah I got em off a rack near the register... i guess 2 weeks wasn't enough. I am giving the sole survivor a few months in my humidor to get back up to snuff. Hopefully come 2012 I can have a nice Kuro experience.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
The Africa line from Don Lino is discontinued so unfortunately 2012 won't be bringing any new good ones from that line. But the Fuego Origen are a great alternative.

Rating - 100%
18   0   0
The Africa line from Don Lino is discontinued so unfortunately 2012 won't be bringing any new good ones from that line. But the Fuego Origen are a great alternative.
I believe he was referring to the fact that after a few months rest it will be 2012. So then hopefully in 2012, after it rests for a few more months, it will be a good smoke. I could be wrong though.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
As others mentioned it just sounds like poor storage on the retailers part. I know you said you will give the last one a couple months but if they are that dry now it may and more than likely is already a lost cause even if you get it to take on moisture. I honestly would chuck that last one and call it a lost cause, lifes too short to smoke crappy cigars.:smile:
I see B&Ms do this all the time with Tins. They keep them out by the register for months on end and never put them back into the walk-in at night so they are seeing some time in the proper environment. Kind of sad.:cryloud:

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I honestly would chuck that last one and call it a lost cause, lifes too short to smoke crappy cigars.:smile:
Well my wallet is too thin too give up on a cigar just because its a little dry so I am gonna try to nurse it into something smoke-able.:peace:
Hopefully my patience will be rewarded in the months to come.

Last edited:

crispy_monkey

REZ PLZ
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Please take that wallet being thin line as a joke about me not wanting to waste a cigar (even a dry one) and not a plea for charity. Because that's how I meant it..as a joke. Don't get me wrong according to the gov't I technically am poor. (Kinda at the not on food stamps, but I bet I qualify level...if that's a level of poverty) However, I really don't need the charity of my BOTL when others are way worse off. Thanks anyway Stroke and I truly do appreciate such a kind gesture.