What's new

After 7 long months big brother has approved my tax stamp.

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
Man, in waiting on a tax stamp to sell cigars... I can't even imagine what applying for that is like.
It's a tough thing to do. Walk into a store plop down almost a grand (cause I had to get 2). Walk out with nothing more than a promise that they will call you in 6-9 months. Makes letting your cigars rest before smoking them look like a walk in the park.

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
It's a tough thing to do. Walk into a store plop down almost a grand (cause I had to get 2). Walk out with nothing more than a promise that they will call you in 6-9 months. Makes letting your cigars rest before smoking them look like a walk in the park.
Ha! The state has definitely cashed my six hundred dollar check and I haven't heard a thing from them. I know the pain.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Chief wont sign off on a form 4 here, so I've gotta go the trust route, haven't yet bit the bullet to get one written up.

Before I moved to where I currently reside, cleo would sign anything so long as you had a licence to carry handgun in Indiana. Bought a MAC 11 for 2500 and took it out two or three times before the only class 3 friendly range in the area closed down. All the others in the area prohibit autos. Sold it for a lil shy of $5k. Cant complain there.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I did mine through a trust.The Co-Trustee provision was my main reason to go that route.
What route did you go for the nfa trust? The guy in Florida?

It surely makes transfer and possession easier. I bought a safe when I bought my MAC11 just so I wouldn't risk running afoul of the law. Wish I still had that lil safe, was a used jeweler's safe, about 2 cubic feet and over 500lbs.

Now that I have a family, nfa toys have fallen off my radar. But if/when I establish a proper trust, I'll be back. Doubt I'll ever be able to play with machine guns again, but id love to have a few suppressors. Mostly shoot subsonic 22 to keep the noise down. Would love to shoot my mild 45 and 38 loads in the back yard more regularly. I can legally shoot whatever I want, but I prefer to stay on good terms with my neighbors though they're more than a stone's throw away.

Rating - 100%
73   0   0
What route did you go for the nfa trust? The guy in Florida?

It surely makes transfer and possession easier. I bought a safe when I bought my MAC11 just so I wouldn't risk running afoul of the law. Wish I still had that lil safe, was a used jeweler's safe, about 2 cubic feet and over 500lbs.

Now that I have a family, nfa toys have fallen off my radar. But if/when I establish a proper trust, I'll be back. Doubt I'll ever be able to play with machine guns again, but id love to have a few suppressors. Mostly shoot subsonic 22 to keep the noise down. Would love to shoot my mild 45 and 38 loads in the back yard more regularly. I can legally shoot whatever I want, but I prefer to stay on good terms with my neighbors though they're more than a stone's throw away.
I was able to find an attorney locally who would do it. He was a gunner who happened to be an attorney and generated a really solid gun trust. I've heard really good things about the "quick books" type trusts. You can get it generated for less than 99.00.
The .22 suppressed is stupid quiet. Loudest sound you hear is the click on the trigger reset. The .45 is a loud round and suppressed it's quiet enough to shoot without ear protection.

cgraunke

BoM March '14
Rating - 100%
229   0   0
Spring strong sweet tall green grass grow...
MN just removed restrictions on suppressors last month (40th state, figured we'd be more like #47 or #48) and will be legal for hunting come August!
I'll be working through guntrustlawyer.com
Be careful with the quick books route, it may get you a legal trust to use for your buy, but it's not structured to actually protect you our your family from NFA legal snafu down the road should something happen to you.

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
MN just removed restrictions on suppressors last month (40th state, figured we'd be more like #47 or #48) and will be legal for hunting come August!
I'll be working through guntrustlawyer.com
Be careful with the quick books route, it may get you a legal trust to use for your buy, but it's not structured to actually protect you our your family from NFA legal snafu down the road should something happen to you.
Yup.

And there's even debate about going through that guy in Florida because there's little legal recourse you have with the lawyer that does the final filing in case there is an issue.

But, I know of no stories validating those concerns and will be going through him when/if I'm ready to dip back into class 3/NFA toys.