What's new

Age Report: AKA Hybrid ABS

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I was cleaning out one of my singles drawer and found four of sitting at the bottom. I had purchased these back in 2011, smoked one and subsequently forgot all about them. i remember thinking that originally they were too spicy with no profile that was able to break through. Last night I took one to my regular card game and boy was I wrong about these. This cigar has mellowed out to become a flavor bomb. Most notably was that out of the four cigars being burned at the table the aroma of the AKA quashed all the others including an Esplindido from 2004. The cigar was perfectly made with a fair amount of oil still left after all this time. This cigar started off with a blast of white pepper for the first half inch but settled in to predominant flavors of earth, toasted wood and cedar. To be honest the best way to describe the flavor is that it tasted like the smell of a mountain river bank in the summer. I smoked another this afternoon with the exact same results. I am going to score some new ones too see what I didn't seem to like about them the first time around. This stick ages beautifully and I am tempted to buy a box to stash away for a few years. Smooth and creamy but with a complexity that you just don't find often.