What's new

Aged Davidoffs

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hello all,

I'm more of a habanos smoker and know very little about Davidoffs. My local cigar guy mentioned the buyer for his shop bought a ton of boxes 5-10 years ago and they still have them.

My question is - is there a way to determine age based on box codes or UPC similar to habanos boxes?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
This is one of the big missing points with non-Cuban manufacturers is that the majority of them don't do box codes or date stamp bands. There are a couple that do, but I've never seen that from Davidoff.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Where are you located and do you know which Davidoff cigars they might be? There are numbers on the barcode which will help determine the age. PM me or reply to this thread.
I think they were the Colorado Claro but I'm not 100% sure. I can head back into the store next week when I'm back from Minneapolis. I live in Chicago.

I can take pics, the manager was all about finding out how old some of the boxes were as he claimed some of them have been there since he started working there 6+ years ago. He said the their buyer thought they would be in high demand when they initially came out and way overbought them.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
The Colorado is a very tasty cigar on it's own but with 6+ years of age makes it amazing. Interested to find out what sizes and if he is willing to work out any deals. Let me know if you find out more. I would suggest you or him open a box and take a look at the cello which will give you a better idea as well.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The Colorado is a very tasty cigar on it's own but with 6+ years of age makes it amazing. Interested to find out what sizes and if he is willing to work out any deals. Let me know if you find out more. I would suggest you or him open a box and take a look at the cello which will give you a better idea as well.
Will do. I got a Churchill single from the lot of open boxes they had in the main humi that I'll try this weekend. Now I'm intrigued, to say the least.

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
Davidoff is a mild brand,age will have its effect ,but you could enjoy them.
if they are older stock, maybe you could get a deal.
be careful..........

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Davidoff is a mild brand,age will have its effect ,but you could enjoy them.
if they are older stock, maybe you could get a deal.
be careful..........
When was the last time you smoked a Davidoff and what was it? Just curious. Yes the Classic line is an was mild, but since 2012 they have added several different blends ( upwards of 15 +) that fall in to the solid medium + body, flavors, and strength profile. This includes the Royal Robusto back in 2007.
The OP also mentioned that these are Colorado Claro which are nowhere near mild.
Just my .02c

Nacho Daddy

Irrepressibly Irreverent Inveterate Ignominy
Rating - 100%
121   0   0
the statement was made these were 5-10 year old cigars.
the fancy Davidoffs were not available then.
most recently I have smoked some from 2006 to 2012.
very mild, to the point of delicate.
look at other sites in the review sections at Davidoff of this age, same story.
even Macanudo have bumped up the blends to compete, but the core line is, and always has, been mild.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
So to clarify, they are indeed Colorado Claro. Based on what I was told, they may have some good age on them. At least 6. Hopefully. I'll have pictures next week with UPC labels and then we can figure it out. I have a single to smoke this weekend.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
So to clarify, they are indeed Colorado Claro. Based on what I was told, they may have some good age on them. At least 6. Hopefully. I'll have pictures next week with UPC labels and then we can figure it out. I have a single to smoke this weekend.

Good to know, please PM with the price and any deals the owner would be willing to work out.

Thank you

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
the statement was made these were 5-10 year old cigars.
the fancy Davidoffs were not available then.
most recently I have smoked some from 2006 to 2012.
very mild, to the point of delicate.
look at other sites in the review sections at Davidoff of this age, same story.
even Macanudo have bumped up the blends to compete, but the core line is, and always has, been mild.
I have no idea what you smoked during that period, but I was smoking the Limited Edition releases. 2006 LE was the Diadema Fina which was a full flavored medium/full bodied cigar. Then the 2007 Dominican Puro Robusto, which was no where near mild.
To each there their own.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Inquiring minds want to know! How was it?