What's new

Aggravated

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
For the last several days I've been experimenting with different leaf blends. So much so I don't even know what I want now.

I need a break. Perhaps I'm too critical. Perhaps my taster is overloaded. Perhaps I'm simply annoyed. Perhaps I shouldn't be smoking given that I'm going for a cardiac catheterization next week.

I simply want a smooth rich - oily blend with minimal pepper load. I'm simply pissed off that I cannot get leaf rolled into something I don't find objectionable.

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
A fresh blend can taste vastly different than one aged a few months. Roll a few blends, keep your notes, tuck them away, and focus on your procedure. The sticks will be there waiting. Best of luck. Don't stress, this hobby should be fun. If you aren't enjoying it, then you need to step back and refigure what you're doing.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
put it on the back burner... revisit after your procedure (hope all goes well). Amazing how taking a break at something will clear the brain.
You're right. Everything is annoying me right now.
Considering cigars, two is about all I can smoke in a day before my tasters are totally outta wack. I have to have a long break between. Yesterday out of frustration I kept trying to tweek a blend and it simply wasn't working.
But on the plus side, four pounds of WLT leaf is waiting patiently in the mailbox.

2 pounds of Cibao Valley Corojo Ligero
1 pound 0f Criollo 98 Viso
1 pound of Paraguay Flojo Africa Seco

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
A fresh blend can taste vastly different than one aged a few months. Roll a few blends, keep your notes, tuck them away, and focus on your procedure. The sticks will be there waiting. Best of luck. Don't stress, this hobby should be fun. If you aren't enjoying it, then you need to step back and refigure what you're doing.
you're right.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well, if worst comes to worst with that, just know that there is is a good chance that by next year the FDA will require cigar MFG to register their blends and composition online publicly. So I guess if you found a cigar you particularly liked you would be able to rqst the info from them?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Good luck with the procedure. Just curious, why are you having it done?

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
I found a blend of Piloto Cubano Seco, Mata Fina, and Dom Ligero Bound in Dom binder, wrapped in Ec Shade Seco to be very tasty and without pepper. When paired with Four Roses Small Batch bourbon, my description was like a cinamon roll.
Hope the procedure goes well!

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
I found a blend of Piloto Cubano Seco, Mata Fina, and Dom Ligero Bound in Dom binder, wrapped in Ec Shade Seco to be very tasty and without pepper. When paired with Four Roses Small Batch bourbon, my description was like a cinamon roll.
I need to start experimenting with more secos... This sounds amazing!

Glassman

Glass Gars Guns Garden
Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I need to start experimenting with more secos... This sounds amazing!
No doubt! Sounds NICE! I'd love to try that one!

Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Remember that cigars are a hobby. You dont need this to survive.
Take your time and enjoy the whole process. I piddle around with woodworking on the side and i have to mentally remind myself that im doing this for fun sometimes when i get frustrated. Too much of a good thing can be a bad thing sometimes.
Just my 2 cents. Best wishes,brother

Hopduro

PhDStogies
Rating - 100%
237   0   0
Hehehe the magic matafina ;)

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I found a blend of Piloto Cubano Seco, Mata Fina, and Dom Ligero Bound in Dom binder, wrapped in Ec Shade Seco to be very tasty and without pepper.
Nice blend! Here's a blend very similar...

I've had a recent love affair with 'Warped' cigars that are all Nicaraguan. So I've been doing a similar version of the above blend using the Dom binder (the best binder imho) Then one leaf of Nic seco, one leaf Nic ligero and one (or two) leaves of 'magic Mata fina'. (I have a bag of Magic Mata done with Mojo. It's truly magical) Then finished in a nice simple Nicaraguan wrapper.

Too much Nicaraguan you say??? This sounds like a strong cigar but it's really nothing to be afraid of. The Mata works it's magic throughout. Smoke it slowly and it's got a very nice rich flavor bomb with a touch of sweetness.

Have done several of this blend using the Ec shade seco. Good flavor indeed, but the veins are just too big to deal with.

Rating - 100%
6   0   0
For the last several days I've been experimenting with different leaf blends. So much so I don't even know what I want now.

I need a break. Perhaps I'm too critical. Perhaps my taster is overloaded. Perhaps I'm simply annoyed. Perhaps I shouldn't be smoking given that I'm going for a cardiac catheterization next week.

I simply want a smooth rich - oily blend with minimal pepper load. I'm simply pissed off that I cannot get leaf rolled into something I don't find objectionable.

Maybe you're coming down with the scunge. My taster was fouled for a week -- then I came down with this thing that's going round. Next thing you know, Thursday, I felt like shit-on-a-stick. Then over the weekend, someone stole my damn stick. So beware -- fetor in the breather can ruin your palate. Happens. You don't want the least infirmity if you're going for catheters.

Get well, your taste buds will come back.

Dominican56

CRA #99997657
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well I survived it. No blockages which is good. I get chest pain when I exercise or exert too much. They now are thinking it could be an asthma of some sort. Anyway, I was pretty concerned about the procedure and what they might find.
I was rolling and smoking one after another expecting to find that magical one. Heck, they all were actually pretty good, I think. After one or two I can't really taste the nuances in a cigar anyway but it kept me busy.

Cigars... I have to tell myself to let 'em rest. Even at 5 - 6 weeks they are markedly smoother, IMHO.