What's new

Aging Boxes Question

Donk

WTF is a Donk?
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I love it, This one pops up at least once or twice a year. Don't sweat it MrHappy, read up and you'll see that its entirely your own personal Preferences. As far as the cracking boxes that are varnished, my answer is as follows: If the beautiful box of say Opus X comes sealed and the cigars are in cello, well Fuente knows what is the best thing for the cigars. So for me the box gets stored the way it came.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
I love it, This one pops up at least once or twice a year. Don't sweat it MrHappy, read up and you'll see that its entirely your own personal Preferences. As far as the cracking boxes that are varnished, my answer is as follows: If the beautiful box of say Opus X comes sealed and the cigars are in cello, well Fuente knows what is the best thing for the cigars. So for me the box gets stored the way it came.
Very well put!

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
leave it as intact as possible. the more original packaging, the less inclined you are to get into it.

at least that's what i tell myself to keep my chubby mitts out of MY stash. o)

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Or you can crack them open and smoke them, that would solve the problems too. I'm more the buy what I want to smoke kind of guy, even if I tend to buy a lot .... it's because I smoke a lot =D

Personally I leave them how I get them, sticks in cello stay in cello till they die by fire.

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Just to be a little clearer, there are exceptions such as when a nice box comes in a nice velvet bag, you want to remove the box from the bag before you put it in your humidor.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Just to be a little clearer, there are exceptions such as when a nice box comes in a nice velvet bag, you want to remove the box from the bag before you put it in your humidor.
Not me dude or many others. I can remember like yesterday One a Day pulling that black box out of his humidor, then opening it to reveal the velvet bag and box inside that had been resting a good ten years. Awesome smoke. Never touched from original three ply packaging

MoJo

BoM March 2013
Rating - 100%
192   0   0
Not me dude or many others. I can remember like yesterday One a Day pulling that black box out of his humidor, then opening it to reveal the velvet bag and box inside that had been resting a good ten years. Awesome smoke. Never touched from original three ply packaging
I've heard people who thought the "chemicals" from the velvet bag effected the smokes, but I don't have any personal experience with this because I have always removed any kind of velvet bag before storing to be safe. Good to know that it doesn't matter, or at least not always.

mwlabel

BoM July '13
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
Trust your judgement, too.

The day after I put my Little Monsters box in my humi, everything smelled like it had been doused in paint thinner. Just because others had no problems doesn't mean your individual sample will be the same.