What's new

Aging Jericho hill?

driver

Attitude + Effort = Results
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Is there good aging potential in letting a box rested a year or two? Got a couple robusto boxes for $147 each so I was thinking of putting one to bed for awhile?

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hard to say as this cigar is just coming out but I'd say it's really worth the effort as Crowned Heads has been putting out some seriously great cigars. Complex cigars are usually the prime type of cigars to rest....1 to 2 years. I'd set aside 3 of them to 'test' as it goes through your resting period just do you have an idea at how they are doing. Smoke one at the 90 day mark and every 90 days after and journal how it either got better...stayed the same...etc. If there are no significant changes then why wait..smoke em up.

javajunkie

BoM July '12
Rating - 100%
343   0   0
i usually don't put the effort into a regular production stick, especially one that smokes well from the start. that said, i wind up with boxes of fave's that get buried for a year or two just because i haven't gotten to them.

that said, i feel the blend is there, and a BUNCH of people find all the garcia-made stuff usually ages very well (myself included). my vote, especially since you scored two, would be to hide one, lay it down with the date marked, and see for yourself.

also, NICE price on those, well done. o)

driver

Attitude + Effort = Results
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Im just put one to bed and forget about it and see what happens
i usually don't put the effort into a regular production stick, especially one that smokes well from the start. that said, i wind up with boxes of fave's that get buried for a year or two just because i haven't gotten to them.

that said, i feel the blend is there, and a BUNCH of people find all the garcia-made stuff usually ages very well (myself included). my vote, especially since you scored two, would be to hide one, lay it down with the date marked, and see for yourself.

also, NICE price on those, well done. o)