What's new

Aging New Cigars

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
Another thing to consider is the time frame of the shipment. Say I buy something from someone close by. I order on Monday and receive on Wednesday. That's not a lot of time away from humi. And if it's someone you buy from regularly, you have a feel for how they ship their cigars. Over humidified etc. I live in Ma. I won't buy cigars from Cali, if I can get them from someone in my time zone.
Just a thought.

sofc

I hate E and Chef
Rating - 100%
276   0   0
Probably been asked before but I do not remember. How long does it take for cigars to arrive to the US from Nica or Dominican or wherever the factory is?

Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Really depends on how many I bought and my expectations. If I bought a fiver for cheap and don't know what to expect, I'm willing to grab one ROTT. If it's something I know I like, and don't want to ruin the expectation, it sleeps at least 2-3 weeks, and I try for longer. If it's a trade gar I got from someone I trust and it had been stored properly prior to shipping, two weeks.

Very very very rarely do I take it right off the truck. A few have been pulled within a week of receipt, with less than happy consequences.

Let em rest a bit.