What's new

Aging PAM 64

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Anyone here age any of the PAM 64's in their humi for a while? I was thinking of buying a couple boxes to sit down for a while. I'm just afraid of some flavor loss as they are so primo ROTT. Anyone age these for a while and see what happened?

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I've heard that the x000 line ages extremely well...that's also on the list of things to plunk down for a while. I just naturally enjoy the PAM ROTT much better than the x000 series, so I naturally figured I'd also enjoy them exponentially better after a couple years. Then again, when cigars peak..they peak.

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have aged the old PAMs for upwards of 5 years. They were the best N/Cs I had ever smoked.

Jose (Jorge??) Padron has said before that he feels the Anniversarios are aged long enough before sales that they are at their peak then.

Being one thta thinks the PAM blend changed when Padron opened their new Estellii factory a few years back, I have to say that I don't really know how the new blend will age. It seems to me they still smell a bit amoniac (which I don't understand considering the age that Padron has said they put on the cigars...) but nonetheless, I don't think a few years will hurt any cigar. Perhaps it will not be as strong as you might like but IMO the PAMs were never really a cigar you smoke for the strength. IMHO.

architeuthis

I see what you're doing!!
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Squid® truly does not trust the age statements of any cigar manufacturer. Not saying they are lying, but I just don't think they are necessarily accurate. As far as I'm concerned, the aging process for purchased cigars only begins when I put the cigars in my own storage facility.

Benzopyrene

BoM June 08
Rating - 100%
108   0   0
I have a box that Ive been sitting back for about 3 years now, and I havent touched them in a long time, but when I do Ill let you know. Now I do have some 26's that are OR or close to it, so Ill let you know on those when I get the chance to smoke one as well.

MichiganM

The One, The Only
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
I have a box that Ive been sitting back for about 3 years now, and I havent touched them in a long time, but when I do Ill let you know. Now I do have some 26's that are OR or close to it, so Ill let you know on those when I get the chance to smoke one as well.
Cool, definitely let us know!

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
I have a box of A's that I got a few months ago that are from 2004-2005. The tag in the back of the box is missing so I don't know exact dates, but trust the guy I got them from!

I haven't smoked one yet though...I've had an 8 y/o PAM A that was the most excellent cigar back in April. I would love to recreat that cigar on my own!

Jfire

BoM 9/9' 9/11' 8/12'
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Being newer to smoking much more now then I used to. I refuse to pay top dollar for pams for aging 3-5 more years. Right now its prob my fav but I'm paying top dollar for a excellent smoke right now. I know most if not many more paletts have developed much more than mine. All I know is i'm paying a good penny now and I'll enjoy them now. I wonder how much better can these flavor bombs even get? Ill leave my box aging room in my humi for young cc and others that need the help. I could see 1 bonus in your statement. Right now they have always had a good year and are always a go to smoke. If they have a bad year coming up, you'll always have more around!

Kurtdesign1

The Thinker
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
When did they start selling boxes of A's? I know when they first released the PAM sampler with 5 sizes and the first issuance of the A, it was right around when the blend changed, IMO. A number of things happened then: single band became double, Anniversario became Anniversary and the aforementioned factory change. Try to find pre-anniversary banded cigars for a REAL treat.