What's new

Aging part 42,985 lol

Len___T

n0ob Phreak
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Was reading thru this thread and found a post on aging...some of the replies kinda confused me...I realize I am new to this but have followed the advice of indyrob who said "Google is your friend" I am googled out lol...Anyways my ? concerning aging deals with NC's mostly as I havent purchased any isoms as of yet..And the NC's I have are mainly along the lines of maduros and only a cpl conneticut shade wrappers...ie cusano 18 and a cpl of gispert's plus the ones indy sent me in our trade/purchase from him that I keep pestering him for the names cuz its like everyone I smoke I dont know what they are so I gotta ask him in order to track them down lol...point is this...in all the reading I have done...the majority of articles state that maduros dont need to be aged as they are already aged to make the maduro wrapper? Cuz I have gotten my new 300 count humi aging at the moment and was all excited to throw my JDN's (some anyway) some other maddies I got and try (operative word there) and let them age lol..so pointers as to how long I should age them...do certain cigars age better than others..etc...got my catalog from FS and next purchases will be the following..

Partagas Black
La Gloria Cuban Series R
Tatuaje (different dealer)
La Flor Dominica Double Ligero
and some others they have listed as full flavor..Could someone plz include a sample listing of cigars that are along the lines of Gisperts and Cusano 18's as those are my favorite light/mild cigars that I have been able to try...tyvm...len

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
First off, it took me about 5 minutes to read that thread. I'm not up with the lingo :rofl:

Cigars benefit with age as an overall general statement. In terms of how long will you notice age on a cigar...most will say at least a year although you can see a cigar mellow somewhat in 6 months.

indyrob

BoM Feb '06 & Sept. '08
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
N/C's generally are already aged for a couple of years before they are released for sale. Some exceptions are the Tatuaje and Cabiguan lines. They are like CC releases, meaning that they are rolled and sold. They even have a boxing date on them.

N/C's will improve over time, but for the most part they are cigars ready to smoke now.

AZsteelman

April 2006 BoM
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Yeah, the N/C's are almost all made of aged tobacco, but some will improve over time as the flavors are allowed to marry. Example, Opus does definitely need some time. I have a lot of FDO Corojo - love them after about a year, don't like them OTT. Padron's get fabulous after a 6 month rest minimum. Just experiment and find what you like.

CWS

<b>Lead Moderator</b>
Staff member
Rating - 100%
227   0   0
Jesus. Could we please speak in complete or realatively complet sentences. I only got about half the above. By the way Len...if you can find some La Gloria Cubana Reserva Figurados, either reg or maduro, youll like them.