What's new

Aging Room Quattro F55 Concerto Churchill (7" x 50) Age ~13 months

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is a beautiful boxed pressed cigar that feels deceptively skinny. I've had this beauty sitting at the bottom of my desktop humidor for slightly more than a year at 69-71% rh and 64-70 degrees Fahrenheit.
Aging Room F55  (1).jpg
Back when these were 4-6 months old i smoked 2 out of the 5 that i originally ordered and they were absolutely fantastic. They were smooth, well balanced, with lots of light coffee notes, leather, wood, cocoa, and with a creamy textured smoke. The finish was short to medium and very clean. They were a low medium in strength but due to the length you could get a small buzz if you weren't careful. They were absolutely incredible at 6 months but the size and 100+ degree weather made them impossible to smoke.

Now that we are hitting the high 60's by midday i'm starting to have great smoking weather where i can smoke in a long t-shirt without ever getting cold.

I light up this cigar up and i was shocked to get a pepper blast with a light woody and dry textured smoke. I was not expecting so much pepper since i don't recall it being anything more than a light background flavor. The finish was extremely short and clean. Nicotine and the body were nonexistent to start.
Aging Room F55  (2).jpg
I'm not going to lie, the first third i found to be a little bit boring and i was a little saddened that i was not digging this cigar like i used to. I stupidly tried to retro hale a large mouth-full of smoke and ended up inhaling some of the smoke. Interestingly enough the retro hale was quite smooth and other than coughing a little due to inhaling some of the smoke its wasn't that harsh. I did get a little bit buzzed for a moment but nothing that lasted for more than a minute or so.
Aging Room F55  (3).jpg
Apparently i never realized how much my tasted have changed. I really loved how Dominican cigars had a light woody, light coffee, light pepper profile with a creamy and sweet textured smoke. The Aging Room F55 Quattro was one of the best cigars that highlighted the best qualities of Dominican tobacco. But now days i really do prefer the dried fruit, deep coffee, earth and moderately to high pepper quality that Nicaraguan cigars tend to offer.

Luckily the cigar started to transition to a much more enjoyable profile as i entered the 2nd third. The dry textured smoke evolved to be super creamy and slightly sweet. The light coffee became more pronounced and the extremely wood taste became more of a background flavor. The pepper declined to a ghost of what it was. The body increased to a low medium and the nicotine started to make an appearance. The finish increased slightly to moderately short and remained clean.

The creamy and slightly sweet texture of the smoke really turned things around. I really started to enjoy the light coffee and how refined and balanced the tobacco flavor was. As i continued to smoke i realized that i was going to nub this bad boy because of how smooth it continued to remain even as i reached the ending of the final third. The ending became a deep coffee that really balanced well with the creamy and sweet textured smoke. The finish is moderately short and surprisingly clean even at the end.

I end up tossing the nub after about 130 minutes because i started to get a little too buzzed from the nicotine. The Performance was very good except that i had to keep touching it up do to it burning a little to wonky for my taste. Its interesting that now i realize why i no longer nub cigars very often. Back when i started smoking, I nubbed pretty much every cigar but as i transitioned to Nicaraguan and Honduran cigars i stopped because they became way too harsh as i reached the last inch and a half of a cigar. Dominican tobacco seems to be much smoother but not as flavorful as Central American tobacco.

Maybe i'm wrong but it seems that Dominican Tobacco tends to be creamy, sweet with a pronounced woody and at times nutty flavor. Central American tobacco tends to be not as creamy or sweet but tends to be more of a complex mix of deep coffee, earth, pepper, with pronounced dried fruit and floral notes in the background.

Here's the rest of the burn progression.
Aging Room F55  (4).jpg Aging Room F55  (5).jpg Aging Room F55  (6).jpg Aging Room F55  (7).jpg Aging Room F55  (8).jpg Aging Room F55  (9).jpg Aging Room F55  (10).jpg

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
I got one of these as a freebie when they first came out and scored well across several publications. I was pleasantly surprised.

Thanks for taking the time to review :)