What's new

Aging you home rolls.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Not sure what this technique is called but was listening to a podcast where one of the advertisers was saying that they were taking their tobacco blend, bailing them together and letting them age bailed between 12 to 18 months before rolling. Any one tried that? I have a shrink wrap machine and certainly enough tobacco for a full year in advance may just try it. Which brings me to a second question, has anyone ever shrink wrapped cigars to let them age?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Steve Saka made a post a few years ago about aging cigars long term. I’ll look around and find it. It was a long, detailed post full of great info. It may have been on this forum but I’m not 100% sure. He posted all over diff forums years ago and has a lot of great stuff out there.

YvanheTerrible

Yvan The Terrible
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Steve Saka made a post a few years ago about aging cigars long term. I’ll look around and find it. It was a long, detailed post full of great info. It may have been on this forum but I’m not 100% sure. He posted all over diff forums years ago and has a lot of great stuff out there.
Great info, I did a google search and found the link below, very nice post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Great info, I did a google search and found the link below, very nice post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
That’s not the one I was talking about but he has a ton of old posts online. I’m not sure if the cigar nexus forum is still up or not but if you can find archives from there it’s gold. That’s was from before he worked for Drew Estate and was running the forum

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Everybody has their own process of aging their home rolls. Here's mine.

I tend to condition my leaf pre roll on the moist side to prevent cracking and tearing. When I am preparing to roll I let my wood humidor get fairly low in RH. ( say 65 % or so) I roll and wrap the sticks, then remove all oher sticks and place my home rolls directly into the dry humidor. Check every week and rotate the outside sticks ( those touching wood) with the inside sticks ( those touching only cigars) I let them go 4-6 weeks then apply bands and return the humidor to normal RH levels. Its a great inventive to roll in the winter when my humidors start drying out.