What's new

Ahhhh mold! Need advice

Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Just to be extra safe (cause I'm kinda paranoid about losing sticks) I would spend a few hours doing a full cleanup in there. Give each cigar a VERY gentle wipedown with a dry cloth, and wipedown all the shelves and surfaces inside with a light hydrogen peroxide solution. If it was anything other than tobacco, I would recommend a teaspoon of bleach in a quart of warm water for the wipedown, but it just takes too long for the bleach smell to dissipate.
I agree to stay away from bleach due to the smell. I'd never heard of using hydrogen peroxide for mold. I looked it up and it is listed as a good, non-toxic way to remove mold. I have always used alcohol (not rubbing alcohol) to remove mold from cigars. It has always worked well for me.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I see the advice on checking the hydrometer. Calibrate it and all of that jazz. The pain in the butt part is checking. Go through every stick, and even look at the boxes. Might be something in the fridge too. That would be easy. remove everything, wipe down with rubbing alcohol, air dry for five minutes, return everything. Check humi devices.

Now, in my opinion, probably just that one, but mold can spread, so it doesn't hurt to check.