Air Filtration

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by Gabriel Theodoulos, Nov 8, 2018.

1. Gabriel Theodoulos

Gabriel Theodoulos Uncle Gabe

Tonight, I built myself a home-made air filter/ purifier.
    [​IMG]

Now that winter is settling in, up here in Idaho, I am forced to look for way to smoke cigars without freezing. So, if I want to smoke inside I am going to be forced to have some form of air purifier.

I noticed on Amazon and YouTube many air filtration systems designed to specifically treat smoking odors, but I just cannot afford to shell out $600. So, I toddled off to Walmart and bought myself a 20" box fan, a Hepa filter, and a carbon filter.

Question: Do you think this will work? I love my cigars, but I sure don't want the lingering odors affixing to my furniture.

CVAC085 and kit_luce like this.
  2. kit_luce

kit_luce For a good time, message me.

In theory, I would say it would help some, how much though idk.

Gabriel Theodoulos likes this.
  3. Yakcraz

Yakcraz

4. CVAC085

CVAC085 Donor 4

I don’t smoke in my house, only in my truck and outside. So winters I usually spend at the lounge with some friends.

A bottle of febreze might work too when you’re finished smoking? I keep a bottle in my truck specifically for fabrics in the car. It helps when I don’t smoke like a chimney.

Sent from my cellular device via crapatalk

Boudie likes this.
  5. Boudie

Boudie Donor 1

The fan/filter set up helps with the smoke, making it less hazy and easier to breath while smoking. It doesn't do as much for the aromas. I smoke in a small room during the summer because of our god awful heat and rely on the filters to keep the air breathable. I noticed a lot of fabric in your image, that will suck up the odors and make them harder to remove. Ideally you would have hard surfaces that can be wiped down and cleaned. There is lots of information in prior posts about ozone generators and sprays. The ozone generator will work pretty well for "deep cleaning" and Febreeze 2x seems pretty good for spray and forget. With the fireplace the cigar odors shouldn't be as noticeable.

CVAC085 likes this.