What's new

Air purifier

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would like to go out and smoke in my garage during bad/cold weather but I don't want to stink it up. Is there a good purifier that would keep that from happening?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Budget? Most people on the forum say to remove smoke venting is the best/only way. Run an exhaust fan with a piece of plenum that pulls air from your smoke area. Depending on where you live you have to decide what it cost to heat and cool that area with the ambient air being removed.

I usually run exhaust fans in my office during nice weather but in the heat of summer or cold of winter I run box fans with filters to remove smoke and a spray of Febreeze to removes most odors.

You can also use an ozone generator to eliminate odors just allow the ozone to dissipate before re-entering. The size of the garage will be a consideration when deciding how large an ozone generator you need and how long to run it. Try the 2x Febreeze at first and if that doesn't work look at your other options.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Yep, venting is the only way. I have not tried carbon filter + fan circulating the room, but I do know for sure the fan exhausting out window works great. Just be sure to make sure your making more heat than exhausting during the cold winter months lol

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Even though the thread is from a couple of years ago, the topic of using an air purifier to prevent odors in your garage is still relevant. It's commendable that you were considering ways to enjoy your garage space without the unwanted smell. Exploring an air purifier is a smart move to maintain a pleasant atmosphere.
For anyone interested in learning more about air purifiers and their effectiveness, websites like damagecontrol-911.com could provide valuable insights. It's great to see you being proactive about creating a comfortable and odor-free environment.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's commendable how you're offering your time and ear to those who may need it most.

Last edited:
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's nice to have a cozy spot in the garage, especially during rough weather. A good purifier sounds like a smart idea to keep it fresh while you enjoy your smoke breaks. Plus, considering air quality testing could ensure you're breathing in the best air possible.

icehog3

Outlaw Hockey Biker
Rating - 97.9%
55   1   0
It's nice to have a cozy spot in the garage, especially during rough weather. A good purifier sounds like a smart idea to keep it fresh while you enjoy your smoke breaks. Plus, considering air quality testing could ensure you're breathing in the best air possible.
Good advice. What is your favorite cigar?