What's new

AJF Overruns Bundle Identification

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Just received a bundle of AJ Fernandez Overruns (Toro.) Sticks are a very dark brown, almost maduro or maybe maduro and 6 x 54, no box press. Great barnyard smell and slightly spongey due to the gauge. Any ideas what might have landed on my shores? I paid $32 with shipping so I am hoping that I have a good value cigar in my lineup.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i just ordered the exact same bundle and i cant wait until they show up on my doorstep. have you lit one up yet? or letting them rest for a bit? also, any luck identifying these sticks? i'm curious to hear some reviews while i wait for my bundle to arrive.

-magic

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have not tried them yet (in Boston and just received another snow storm.) I plan to this weekend. Really want to identify them but haven't yet.

strife

Watcher of the Sky
Rating - 100%
107   0   1
Good luck trying to ID them. Every 6 months there's a shitload of AJ Overruns put out there in a variety of sizes and shapes with people hoping for MOW, Diesels, Armadas, or Puro Authenticos but I highly doubt that will be the case. Considering the price and AJ's track record though, how bad they be.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
just received my order of AJ Fernandez Overruns (Toro). the sticks are box-pressed at about 6" x ~50 (hard to gauge the gauge being pressed) and are dark brown (maduro?) in color. any guesses on what i got in this 'grab-bag' order? thanks.

-magic

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yep, I think you struck gold with San Lotano Maduro! Nice job, let me know how they are. I am still completely baffled by my 6.25 x 54 super dark (maybe maduro) un box pressed sticks.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
that would be awesome if i lucked out and got a bundle of San Lotano Maduro! i'm gonna let them rest for a couple days, but i'll definitely post back with a review.

btw, below are a couple of pics for reference (and a comparison next to a La Aroma de Cuba Mi Amor Reserva)
ajfernandez01.jpgajfernandez02.jpgajfernandez03.jpgajfernandez04.jpg

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
That looks like the exact wrapper that mine has, only not pressed and slightly bigger gauge. Enjoy!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
i couldnt resist, so lit one today. the burn was good, but did require a couple touch-ups (most likely because of oily areas that burned faster that other areas). also, i dont have a very distinguished cigar-palette, but i did notice the great tobacco flavor and a strong peppery-spice in the retro-hale, especially in the second half. it was a great cigar overall and i'm extremely happy with this bundle (assuming all the sticks are as good as this one).

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Great! For $1.62 a stick, even average is a win. Looks like you slam dunked. I am going to try my mystery 'gar tomorrow. It looks and smells delicious. I emailed one of the guys at CI who writes reviews and he swears that no bundle is a 2nd. Originally, he thought mine might be the SL maduro until I told him that they weren't pressed. I will update when I give her a try.

njstone

BoM January 2010
Rating - 100%
167   0   0
Yep, I think you struck gold with San Lotano Maduro! Nice job, let me know how they are. I am still completely baffled by my 6.25 x 54 super dark (maybe maduro) un box pressed sticks.

Hmm ... could be an Armada? That's probably too much to hope for, though.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Yeah, I doubt an Armada but that would be awesome. I will try to post a picture of one next to other cigars. Really, I just wanted some bulk every day cigars so if they are good it will be a bonus.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I torched it up today. Cigar had a great barnyard and sweet smell to it. Lit easily and burned well for a large ring cigar, only minor touch ups needed. Firm white to grey ash that held tight for over 2 inches. The cigar started like a Ted Nugent concert, smacking strong coffee, bitter chocolate, and tobacco flavors with good pepper at the upper back of my throat. Mind you, I do not retrohale so that aspect will be missing from my review, but I am certain that sinus singe would occur had I done so. The first third stayed true to this form in a medium full body and full flavor profile, but the sweetness I smelled at the beginning never emerged. A funny thing happened in the second third, with the flag ripping wind of the stick dying down to a gentle breeze and the coffee and chocolate flavors diminishing greatly, leaving mostly just tobacco flavor with a hint of the former in the background and no spice. The final third resembled the second third, with a bit of strengthening but not much...the cigar was almost like a faded memory of itself. It left a great flavor long after being discarded. Would I recommend this cigar? I can't, mostly because I have no idea what it is! Am I happy with value? Yes, verily so. I am looking forward to trying another after they have beauty sleep. Forgive my review, I am clearly a hack compared to the pros!!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
sounds like you got a great cigar, especially at the price point. now if we could just figure out what sticks you got.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
My best guess : Diesel Unlimited d. 6? This thing very well could be 60 gauge. Anyone have one on hand and can compare to the pictures?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I've gotten a few bundles of these one of toro that I'm pretty sure are MOW Connecticut, torpedoes that I'm sure are Morro Castle and 3 bundles of corona which I don't know what they are but unfortunately they are short filler but overall I'm satisfied