What's new

Alex Bradley seconds help

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey guys,

Still new to the site and I'm needing some help. I'm trying to order some daily smokes for the humi and I'm looking at the Alec Bradley seconds on cigarsinternational.com. Two of my favorite sticks are the black market and the prensado, and I'm trying to cross reference the sizes of the originals and the seconds to get what I want but I'm having a problem doing so. I'll post the link to the site, and if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

TIA

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/cigars/66674/alec-bradley-90-rated-2nds/

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I use to be a fan of "seconds" with some blends but these days you don't have to smoke them...they are seconds for a reason and while it may only be a "blemish" I've come across quality issues as well and while some can be pretty good some can be really terrible. There are far too many good cigar brands out there where you don't have to settle for second best...PM me for a few that taste like the AB cigars as I am a fan of them as it is.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
I agree with cigary43, I was gifted 2 prensado chuchills a few years ago and one kept tunneling and the other one is still sitting in my humi, other AB cigars have had problems as well. ive had similar costing cigars that had no problems, maybe just my luck. Do you get any problems with seconds considering they are removed from the main line due to imperfections?

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Seconds can be a great value for a daily smoke especially, like in my case, were you may get interrupted, (kids!) and not be able to finish it. I don't feel as bad when it's a second and I've paid a fraction of the price. I purchased a bundle of PDR Toro seconds a while back, (not sure if it was CI or Cigars.com) and they were excellent smokes and defect free, good draw/flavor/etc.

If you lookup CigarObsession on YouTube, he tore apart a fake Cohiba and found stems inside. Then he did the same with a Padron 1964 and found stems inside that as well. Sometimes it's just a crapshoot!

Zclassy1

If it's worth doing, It's worth doing right.
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I have had nothing but good times with AB tempus and prensado rebustos 2nds, and I always have at least 30 in my humidor, I smoke them daily, about one a month will burn funny, but taste is always consistent. I like AB family blend church hill 2nds too.hope this helps

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I have had nothing but good times with AB tempus and prensado rebustos 2nds, and I always have at least 30 in my humidor, I smoke them daily, about one a month will burn funny, but taste is always consistent. I like AB family blend church hill 2nds too.hope this helps
I've had similar experience with them. Once in a while I get burn or construction issues, but only about as common as with any other stick. Heck, the first Angel's Anvil I had out of my box had a huge void about an inch and a half long near the head. And I agree, they're nice for the times when you might get interrupted and don't get to finish it. Much less concerning at $2-$3 / stick.

Zclassy1

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Hey guys,

Still new to the site and I'm needing some help. I'm trying to order some daily smokes for the humi and I'm looking at the Alec Bradley seconds on cigarsinternational.com. Two of my favorite sticks are the black market and the prensado, and I'm trying to cross reference the sizes of the originals and the seconds to get what I want but I'm having a problem doing so. I'll post the link to the site, and if anyone can help I'd appreciate it.

TIA

http://www.cigarsinternational.com/mobile/cigars/66674/alec-bradley-90-rated-2nds/
I've never been able to find a Prensado chuck hill 2nd, I think they cut them when rejected to rabusto (they call them a 5x50, but they are 5x48) and don't box press them

Zclassy1

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I can only go by my own experience, I buy on a regular bases Alec Bradley Tempus & Prensado 2nds and Rocky Patel "A"s (Edge), I smoke and enjoy these everyday.