What's new

All Inclusive Vacation

Fozgate

Maker of Sharp Things #MCGA
Rating - 100%
12   0   0
So the Wife and I have decided to do something different this year for Christmas. Instead of buying presents for each other we will instead go on a vacation. We've never been to an all inclusive resort and we were thinking about somewhere nice in Mexico. I figured I'd reach out and see if anyone here had some good ideas. We'll be looking to go in February or early March of 2018.

We're not the party animal time so the spring break style resorts are not what we are looking for. We were looking for something nice, not filled with a bunch of kids/families, and has good food. Again I'm thinking all inclusive for the best value, but I might be way wrong. Any suggestions? Budget wise, probably max we want to pay is $900 a person including airfare for 3-4 nights.

Let me know if you need more info to make a proper suggestion.

ChuckMejia

The General
Rating - 100%
122   0   0
I HATED Riu palace... terrible drinks and food. Th accommodations were nice tho.

I’d suggest getting a cheap hotel say in downtown Cabo and just restaurant/barhop

You will save money and have way better experiences than an all inclusive

Cigary43

Just Another Ashhole
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
All Inclusive can be a great vacation....here's what to expect. Pricing = higher because they expect consumers to drink and eat themselves crazy and that means things like sports and activities are part of the package so that is why the price can get high. I don't think you're going to find an All Inclusive with air for 3 or 4 nights for $900 unless it's in a place that offers a package for a Time Share Presentation where they chew up an entire day to talk you into buying something that isn't worth it.

Do research...a lot of research....on these types of vacations because the average pricing for a week is around $1500 to $2000 p/p for a week and that doesn't include A/F. I've done a few and it's all about what you do....if you drink/eat/play golf....amenities and etc. then the price is worth it because it's all about maximizing what they offer. If you're there to drink and eat then plan your own vacation because you can go to Cancun or Punta Cana for a week for a lot less and eat/drink yourself silly for a lot less.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I would recommend Moon Palace in Cancun. It's out of your price range I think a lil bit, but i I'd have to check again. Their website is pretty user friendly.

It's all inclusive, right on the beach, food and drinks are amazing, they have a HUGE pool, with swim up bars and cabanas, golf course, shuttle to and from airport, onsite water purification plant, and it's simply gorgeous around this time. I went there for Xmas-new years a while back and the weather was perfect. They are also part of a chain of resorts (moon palace, sun palace, etc palace) that you can shuttle to for free and use your all inclusive wristband there too.

I'd say it's a good mix of everything, between family oriented, younger crowd, older crowd, bars/clubs, and total relaxation. Plus, it's easy to get to any of the attractions around town and offer a ton at the resort.

Check it out!

Rating - 100%
93   0   0
I'm in SD, right near the border. The resorts aren't bad since they're in a touristy area, the concern comes from when you're in the major cities where the cartels have influence such as Mexico City, Tijuana, or Guadalajara.

Nice towns to look into - Ensenada, Cabo San Lucas, and Cozumel.

Might also want to look into a cruise off the west coast. Lots of options available leaving Long Beach or Charleston if you'd prefer the Gulf of Mexico side. They're "all-inclusive" for the most part - room, food, etc., just need spending money.

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
If she/you are the adventurous type, how about a cigar/tobacco trip to Nicaragua or other? I've never done it, but was talking to our Estaban Carrerras rep and he said its all the cigars, booze, food and lodging free, you just pay airfare.

Rating - 100%
29   0   0
Check out JetBlue getaways too. I got a good deal on my honeymoon for my wife and I. Airport transfer to and from resort, airfare and the 6 nights/7 days in St Lucia.

Even though that was out of your budget, check it out because I’ve seen some good deals to places for around your price range. Just have to do a little bit of leg work to see what you can get.

Sent from my cellular device via tap to talk

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
^^^
Good point! When I did my Cancun trip, I booked the entire thing through Southwest and actually saved $400ish. Even choosing the cheapest flight elsewhere and getting the cheapest resort rates elsewhere, the package deal on Southwest still somehow beat buying separately. And if you know Southwest.... They're not known for being cheap at all *Midway* :hungover: