What's new

Allow me to reintroduce myself!

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey brothers,

I wanted to take a minute to reintroduce myself. My name is Dan and I'm from Long Island, NY. I was active on the boards about 6-7 months ago but then life caught up with me! In January, I started actively looking for a house with my fiance. After a few months of looking, we made an offer on one in March. Our offer was accepted (which was probably the most stressful time of my life up until then!) and we closed on our house back in May. A couple days after we closed, on our moving day, my fiance was involved in a car accident. She flipped her car after another driver cut her off. Someone was looking out for her because she escaped with only minor bumps and bruises. Those few minutes when I was waiting for her to arrive at the hospital were gut wrenching. It was three weeks before our wedding day so there was a million things going through my mind. She felt terrible and was a little nervous to drive but she's doing so much better now. THEN three weeks later, we got married! Most everything went off without a hitch! We had a beautiful ceremony and an even better reception. Two days after that we went to Spain for our honeymoon for two weeks! Everything was amazing and just like we remembered when we went two years ago. I've been so busy with everything (especially working on the house!) that I just haven't had time to be active on the boards. I'm really looking forward to connecting with old friends and becoming a better member now that I have a little bit of time on my hands!

Ducttapegonewild

Actual Size
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Welcome back Dan! Congratulations on the new house, the new wife, AND the new car!!!

You know, have to think positively on these things instead of dwelling on the bad news...

Rating - 100%
156   0   0
I was just thinking about you Dan. Happen to be looking at some sticks tonight and found some you bombed me. So happy things turned out well for you guys and your wife is doing better. Anyway welcome back brother sounds like life is going well.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Welcome back Dan! As someone who's crazy life often drags them in five directions I have one thing to say..............Wait till you have kids............And if you bought your house in Nassau County chances are I appraised it..LOL

Red Raider

Wreck 'em Tech
Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Welcome back brother. I recently had to reintroduce myself as well so I certainly understand those things. Glad your wife is ok and congrats on the house. As stated above.......throw a few kids into the mix and you will be a busy guy!
Welcome

Rating - 100%
11   0   0
Welcome back, brother! Glad to hear your wife didn't get badly injured. Sounds like someone WAS looking out for you guys. Congrats on the new house and getting married.