What's new

Allow myself to introduce myslef... again

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Well, I am pretty much new... I have not logged in here for several years, and it is good to see things are still lively around here.

I'll keep my bio brief, because nobody really wants to read all of that...
I live in Modesto, CA. I am a single dad, and next year will mark my 25th year in education.

As I think back, and damn this makes me feel old, I started smoking cigars in about 1990-91 when I was in college.

I have been involved in online cigar communities since there was a group on CompuServe back in the day. I also spent quite a bit of time back on the old alt.smokers.cigars newsgroup, and still have friends from those days I still keep in contact with. I have been a member of a ton of forums over the years - back in the heyday I was posting on a handful each day before I really slowed down doing things online... kind of the whole life getting in the way thing. I am still active and am a moderator on a smaller cigar forum for the past several years, and recently decided to come back here as well.

I have used the same handle on all of the cigar forums I have been on, so if you recognize me, give me a shout! (Oh, and the handle comes from the fact that I worked for Maytag at a local store while I was in the credential program to become a teacher a long time ago. I was a teacher and now a school counselor, but MaytagMan was unique and it stuck LOL)

Aside from cigars, I am strangely into fountain pens, watches (that I can't afford), craft beer, old school hip hop, audio recording and technology, and probably a few other things I am forgetting...

(What did I say about this being brief???)

Anyway, it is good to be back, and I look forward to chatting with everyone!

~Bill

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Welcome, only question is how did working at Maytag make you a better teacher?

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Yea, back in the day dad would always tell mom to "make sure the guy checks your rearend" when she brought her car in for maintenance. Mom and I would just laugh, I think dad was clueless.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
Welcome back @MaytagMan :cigar:

I honestly don't remember you from "back in the day" but it's always good to have some old veteran cigar guys around here regardless.