What's new

Altadis / Tobacco Galleria - Rum & Maple

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
The past couple of days I've been smoking one of the samples of pipe tobacco I received from Altadis ... Tobacco Galleria's Rum & Maple. Surprizingly, this is actually a decent aromatic blend. Seems to be mostly a soft burley that has been topped with the namesake flavorings.

I've been using an old Kaywoodie bent billiard and find that the burn is good all the way down. No pre-drying and no re-lights were needed. The pipe did get a little warm due to the higher sugar content, so I slowed my puffing rate a bit to compensate. Toward the last 1/4" the dottle became quite wet (to be expected), so I just tossed it. The flavors throughout were on the mild side and slightly sweet with a very pleasant aroma. You could smoke this tobacco all day and not have to worry about killing your tastebuds.

Wasch_24

2005 BoY
Rating - 100%
196   0   0
Hmmm, you didn't have to dry it out? Very surprising.

I have only tried one bowl of one blend, I forget which one, but it was good.

A lot of people have been giving these blends oretty nice comments...good deal.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I haven't been smokin a pipe ever since the weather has been nice for cigar smoking but maybe one of these nights I'll bring one for after work stroll. Seems smoking a pipe works out better for short walks than cigars.