What's new

altimore/DC Area Cigar Event at a New Cigar Bar, December 1

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Saw this over at CW and know there are a bunch of guys from around there...

y Dear BOTLs and SOTLs,

I bring to you news of a new cigar lounge and cigar shop that will be opening in The Village at Waugh Chapel in Gambrills MD 21054.

Titan Cigar will be open tentatively in two weeks according to an email I received from the owners on Monday. I don't know the exact date. But I guess it will open on or about the weekend of December 2nd and 3rd even though the website indicates that they will be opening on November 24th.

They will be hosting their first cigar event, a Rocky Patel event, on Friday, December 15. A representative from Rocky Patel will be on hand. My guess is that there will be some type of special on Rocky Patel cigars. Keep checking back because when I know more details I'll post an update to this thread.

Titan Cigar hopes to average 2 events a month. Future events will include rum tasting, cigar tasting, and bond night. I'll have to ask just what that means. I'm thinking James Bond Night where he might feature that Man's Man, James Bond in one of the Bond films. But that's just my guess.

About Titan Cigar:

Although the shop is small, they have a liquor license - the only cigar shop that I know of in the area that does. They will have 120 cigar lockers, and a comfortable lounge area to rest your weary bones, smoke a good cigar and down a favorite beverage. They have a plasma TV to watch your favorite sporting events.

They are creating this lounge for us cigar smokers. The owners, Dave and Michelle are very excited about opening this shop. They are almost as excited about opening this shop as I am for finally getting a tobacconist I can call local! It's only 15 minutes away from me!
They hope to open two more in the near future.

There is a restaurant in the shopping center that Titan Cigar is currently having discussions with regarding the possibility of providing catering for Titan Cigar and some of their events. As I become aware of other information, I will pass it along.

They have a website at http://www.titancigar.com/. Currently it only has the front page set up.

Directions to Titan Cigar in the The Village at Waugh Chapel Shopping Center: (I don't know the actual numeric address yet.)
From Annapolis: Take I-97 North to Exit 7, Route 3 South Bowie/Odenton. Go 1 1/2 miles to the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center on the right.
From Washington D.C.: Take Route 3 N and go 7 miles to Waugh Chapel Road intersection. Make a U-turn onto Route 3 South and turn right into the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center.
From Baltimore: Take 295 South to 695 East. Take I-97 South to Exit 7, Route 3 South Bowie/Odenton. Go 1 1/2 miles to the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center on the right.
From Columbia: Take Route 32 East to Route 3 South (Bowie). Go 1 1/2 miles to the Village at Waugh Chapel shopping center on the right.

Titan Cigar is also looking to fill some part-time positions. If you might be interested, contact them at info@www.titancigar.com.

Herfingly Yours,

Bryan "Herfin Bigdog" Phillips