What's new

Amateur Radio

Lunchbox

Gettin back into the game
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Oh man I’m jealous! I’ve got a 20m dipole up in a tree outside my apartment, I’d love a multi band vert!

What are you guys gonna do for radials?

And is this for a club station?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Oh man I’m jealous! I’ve got a 20m dipole up in a tree outside my apartment, I’d love a multi band vert!

What are you guys gonna do for radials?

And is this for a club station?
This is for a municipal emergency services department and backup 911 center. We put up a total of 18 antennas for 16 radios including 2 long wire dipoles. They also run the local 440 repeater which has a 100W transmitter.

Lunchbox

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice. 100 mph seems decent for an emergency center.

Are you a ham as well?

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Been studying recently for my ticket so I’m not officially a ham, but I’m working towards it. I needed something to get me back interested in electronics instead of just dreading going to work in electronics everyday at the job.

Don’t have anything up yet for a home shack, have a couple of HTs and looking at HF radios and antennas. Looks like an excellent installation on the antennas. I assume you do tower work and antenna setups for a living?

Rating - 100%
40   0   0
Been studying recently for my ticket so I’m not officially a ham, but I’m working towards it. I needed something to get me back interested in electronics instead of just dreading going to work in electronics everyday at the job.

Don’t have anything up yet for a home shack, have a couple of HTs and looking at HF radios and antennas. Looks like an excellent installation on the antennas. I assume you do tower work and antenna setups for a living?
Yes, I run a 2-way radio business. We sell and service the equipment, design, build and install the systems and infrastructure. Here is the top of the tower on the same building.

Prine

Nerf herder
Rating - 100%
18   0   0
Yes it's a backhaul for a P2P system
Looks like some excellent work. I’m more familiar with Microwave setups then I am anything else at the moment as I’m a Network Engineer by trade, but I’m enjoying studying and learning more at the moment.

Rating - 100%
26   0   0
Looks awsome. Our county water/wastewater scada is on a radio system of 100+ radios with a dozen or so repeaters. Repeaters are mostly on water towers in the 300' range. Recently we have been building those tri sided metal towers for medium short heights up to 175'(?). We have a radio scada guy that does all the ordering and I'm just the "grunt" that actually works on it and troubleshoots it.

Lunchbox

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Working the CQ WW international ham radio contest this afternoon. Enjoying a smoke and waiting for my chance to contact Argentina for extra points...

upload_2018-10-27_16-49-36.png