What's new

Amazon Fire Stick TV

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I'm looking to cut my cable and get this device and sideload it with KODI. I have no experience with this sort of thing but I have looked at a few videos on Youtube and decided I'll give it a shot. I'm tired of paying so much money for basic cable. I'm still not sure how this works even after reading and doing some research. Are there any brothers out there that have any experience with this that they can share to help another brother?

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I can't help but I'll cheer you on. I recently fired Direct TV and am now using a digital antenna combined with Netflix and Amazon Prime. :)
We're getting 14 channels with the antenna.
Yeah, I would just like some feedback before I fire Cablevision. I'm not tech savy but am willing to give this a shot to save $135. a month that I can use for more cigars. :D

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I've been using my fire stick with KODI for a few months now. Takes a little getting used to, but I'd never go back to paying for cable. For tv shows and movies it's great, although live sports can be challenging. Look for the tvaddons install instructions on YouTube, that gives you some great apps to get going.

Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Get it and try it in your house before you fire the cable company. I have one and my interweb sucks so there for my streaming sucks, we only use it once in a great while.

Hamm

Bacon
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
I have a Fire TV (not the stick) with Kodi, and I love it. I use it in the garage when I smoke, so I don't have to worry about having a cable box in the garage. I will most likely be dropping DirecTv shortly though, and use just the Fire. I would definitely do what @Jesse said though, buy one and test it before you drop cable altogether.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
Opie, Jesse, Thanks brothers. I will place the order. One good thing I can say about Cablevision is the internet service is excellent.

Rating - 100%
42   0   0
I have a Fire TV (not the stick) with Kodi, and I love it. I use it in the garage when I smoke, so I don't have to worry about having a cable box in the garage. I will most likely be dropping DirecTv shortly though, and use just the Fire. I would definitely do what @Jesse said though, buy one and test it before you drop cable altogether.

Thanks,

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I'm no expert, but let me know if you have any questions. I'll help if I can. Once your up and running, check out the exodus add on, that seems to be one of the more user friendly programs for tv shows and movies.

Rating - 100%
82   0   0
I side loaded it myself, watched a couple YouTube videos and it took me about 10 minutes to get up and running.