What's new

American Chopper: Build Off

USCG Cigar Newb

USCG Cigar Newb
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Did any body watch this and what do you think of the outcome? What do you think of the series in general? I thought Sr. wasnt a bike and was electric...so lost alot of points with me but I have to say it was new and cool. Jesse James def had the most rideable and raw bike, but to me while it was made great, just didnt seem to bring originality to the competition. While I didnt like the over shape and style of Jr. I thought it was by far best made and deserved to win.

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Pretty much agree with you on this. Jesse should never have a microphone in his hand. I understand his "my bikes are rideable" mind set, but I just thought thought he came across as a jealous tool. Senior should have been embarrassed bringing that thing to a build off.

Crypto Sailor

Loose Lips Sink Ships
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I think Sr got exactly what he asked for and was totally off the beaten path.
Jesse can build way better bikes than he did, but nothing has changed with his attitude since his WCC days. Talk a bunch of shit then turn soft and personal.
Jr didn't make his bike his team did the work, he's just the mastermind.

I have nothing against all 3 because they each have a great talents. Sr is just running a business trying to keep his name alive, Jr is 50/50 with building bikes and trying to run a TV show/company.

Jesse will get back to building bikes and soon have his own chopper shop/show called ASS-Austin Speed Shop...MHO

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

usmcpurcell

Dutch
Rating - 100%
16   0   0
Yeah never have been a fan of OCC bikes or the builders for the matter. Jesse James for me but I'm also a fan of his rat rods so biased towards Jesse? Yes.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I thought that the most creative bike was Jr's and he deserved to win.

Sr shot himself in the foot listening to Jason, not sure what it was kind of like a flexible flyer and snowmobile mated.

Jesse James built his standard bike, he has mad skills, but I think he's done better work in the past and he did come off like a tool.

hdroadglide

BoM x 2, BoY 2011
Rating - 100%
514   0   0
if you wanted somethig flashy to look at, but not ride, then jr's was the showpiece.
functionally, 30 in wheels? one gallon tank? exhaust blowing in your face?

jesse's bike was totally ridable. the hangers were tall, but that's his style. paint was killer. he actually built a real motorcycle.

that jackass that was the mc was such a dick. he just wanted to stir up trouble. just cause he had a tat sleeve didn't make him an authority.

sr was just a non issue.

CigarSaint

Who Dat!
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Pretty much agree with you on this. Jesse should never have a microphone in his hand. I understand his "my bikes are rideable" mind set, but I just thought thought he came across as a jealous tool. Senior should have been embarrassed bringing that thing to a build off.
Couldn't of said it better!!!!

Love the show because I work in a family business and learn a lot from them what not to do.

Rating - 100%
74   0   0
Sr. - was cool but not for this contest, it wasnt a bike.
Jr. - coolest theme and amazing detail
JJ - great work and its pretty sick he built everything from scratch.

Overall I agree with the results, it wasnt build the best rideable motorcyle it was build the coolest looking motorcycle

Craig Mac

BoM 4/10 7/11 12/14
Rating - 100%
446   0   0
Sr. - was cool but not for this contest, it wasnt a bike.
Jr. - coolest theme and amazing detail
JJ - great work and its pretty sick he built everything from scratch.

Overall I agree with the results, it wasnt build the best rideable motorcyle it was build the coolest looking motorcycle
It was a popularity contest.....

SkinsFanLarry

Craft Beer Addict!
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
if you wanted somethig flashy to look at, but not ride, then jr's was the showpiece.
functionally, 30 in wheels? one gallon tank? exhaust blowing in your face?

jesse's bike was totally ridable. the hangers were tall, but that's his style. paint was killer. he actually built a real motorcycle.

that jackass that was the mc was such a dick. he just wanted to stir up trouble. just cause he had a tat sleeve didn't make him an authority.

sr was just a non issue.
:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Complete popularity contest

Imagine the grief you would get pulling up onthe bike Jr made.. that thing is a joke. JJ made a slick bike that I was drooling over.

Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I remember the early days when Jesse would take a piece of metal on a padded stool and start bashing it until he had the shape of the side of a gas tank. When onto the english wheel, and them make a mirror image for the other side of the tank. Amazing. But he's an asshole, so he won't win a popularity contest.

I often wonder if the feud between Jr and Sr is real or for TV. Either way, Jr's wife had the best structure on the stage. But I digress.