What's new

An unasked (yes google) original question!!

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
@ZippoGeek price is one factor. I've smoked fairly expensive sticks while toasted. But you may have a different kind of attachment to a cigar. Like, you look at it differently for your own reasons. Like the Padron was supposed to be a welcome to my 30's and a new stage of life....to celebrate a great year for me. And my drunk ass is going to burn on on a Thursday lol

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
OK well our definitions may differ. Care to give me an example. Myself, am contemplating an 80th Padron natural. Bough 2 one for my b day next month one for day of. One to hold for a year or so. That Is a prized smoke for me lol my first.
If you can google it and find it in stock within the first 2 pages, it's not rare or HTF. The Padron 80th is a luxury, and expensive, but they are easy to find.

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
I would like to ask a serious question. I am blitzed, plastered...on the level as we say.

Is it a waste to smoke an expensive cigar?

Keep in mind...I don't mean a few glasses of scotch.
It depends on your level of said wastedness and your memory recall abilities. If your not going to remember smoking it in the morning, don't do it.

Rating - 100%
86   0   0
I don't collect cigars, every one is meant to become a pile of ash at my hand or gifted to another that will do the same

If you don't collect then I think it's a waste not to smoke something special if that's what you have and want to smoke atm

You can't take them to the other side

Though I would agree if you're drunk/incoherent you'll probably miss the experience and that would be a shame

Rating - 100%
56   0   0
if you're drunk/incoherent you'll probably miss the experience and that would be a shame
Agreed 100% (and I speak from experience!!) :shifty: I find that for optimal enjoyment, expensive sticks are best paired with ONE glass of libation. Sip, take a puff, enjoy. Get your money's worth -- savor the flavor! :)

herfdog

I am no rocket surgeon
Rating - 100%
24   0   0
its not much a matter of price, but a matter of "what are my expectations with that cigar"

Some cigars I have high hopes of making a super relax evening, others are mainly to enjoy in party environment. Some I want to take the time to review, some I want to share with friends. And some I don't care what I do with them as long as I enjoy.

I "collect" cigars in the sense that I have a place to put them all in, but I don't expect to keep them intact, they are meant to burn.

If you have easy access to a (pricey) cigar, then fire up. If its a one-off that you wanted to smoke in a special setting, maybe refrain.

Cigars is for the good life. Can't waste them if you're enjoying. Avoid crappy dog rocket even when drunk.

Rating - 100%
90   0   0
Here comes the real test: do you regret smoking said cigar today? If the answer is yes, then you know for next time to stay away from your top notch stuff. Generally, if I get drunk and want a cigar, I reach for one of my go to smokes. The ones where I know I always enjoy the flavor but never have to worry about trying to pick up the nuances. I can always say yeah its a good smoke without having to worrry too much about burning one and not being able to recall much of anything about it the next day.

GolfNut

Wineadors.com
Rating - 100%
17   0   0
Enjoy them all. As a warning...My Wife and I had several "Extra special" cigars set aside for extra special occasions. About 6-8 from a hard to get place. We'd saved them for several years for just the right time. A few weeks ago, we were changing things around and took out the little box we had them stashed in....and they were moldy. Absolutely devastated us. Here we'd saved them and saved them waiting for something worthy...and they went to waste.
No more. Expensive or rare, burn them all and enjoy them while you can. :)

Rating - 100%
24   0   0
Here comes the real test: do you regret smoking said cigar today? If the answer is yes, then you know for next time to stay away from your top notch stuff. Generally, if I get drunk and want a cigar, I reach for one of my go to smokes. The ones where I know I always enjoy the flavor but never have to worry about trying to pick up the nuances. I can always say yeah its a good smoke without having to worrry too much about burning one and not being able to recall much of anything about it the next day.
This is good advice.

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I couldn't bring myself to light up the Padron. I ended up going with an Undercrown. Im glad I didnt burn the Padron, I know I would have regret it today (along with a few other things lol). I couldn't bring myself to light it. I fondled the hell out of it though.

When you figure out what color this dress is you will reveal the answer.
Gold...do I win?