What's new

Announcing 2017 BOTL Cigar Safari October 15th-18th 2017

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Hey guys, so we have launched Cigar Safari tickets and I wanted to let you know we are doing a joint trip for reddit.com/r/cigars and BOTL.

The dates are October 15th-18th, 2017. Here is your ticket link.

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/cigar-safari-oct-15-18-reddit-botl-tickets-34829229162

Cigar Safari is a 4-day all-inclusive Nicaraguan Tobacco Experience at La Gran Fabrica Drew Estate. You will learn every facet of the tobacco process from seed to cigar. Visitors will have the chance to blend their own cigars and have custom swag customized by our own Subculture Studios. You will also receive exclusive Drew Estate cigars not found anywhere else in the world!

If you want to find out a little more about Cigar Safari click here or go to www.cigarsafari.com

memphsdad

But I don't live in Memphis
Rating - 100%
116   0   0
It says 'all-inclusive' trip, does this mean that airfare is included (aside from the addt'l $35 fee for the travel agent?)

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
It says 'all-inclusive' trip, does this mean that airfare is included (aside from the addt'l $35 fee for the travel agent?)
No unfortunately airfare is not included. You must book your flight through Jeff Lewis, his contact info is on the eventbrite page.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Sounds like fun, been considering a trip to the area as a vacation for my wife and I. I just need to see what else we can do while down there. I'm not sure she would appreciate the factory tour and I don't know if it would be wise to leave her on her own in Nicaragua for 4 days. She's reluctant to travel the country with me much the less without me.

Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Sounds like fun, been considering a trip to the area as a vacation for my wife and I. I just need to see what else we can do while down there. I'm not sure she would appreciate the factory tour and I don't know if it would be wise to leave her on her own in Nicaragua for 4 days. She's reluctant to travel the country with me much the less without me.
While the tour is the primary focus, you will get a chance to visit Esteli one day and there is plenty of down time to hang at Drew Estate. Plenty of drinks, the pool etc. Also, you can add a day or two to your trip and stay in Managua.

BradMc

<b>Charity Liaison</b><br>BoM September 07
Rating - 100%
148   0   0
Guys as @Kingpin has said and U have all heard me talk about this trip many times, I'm planning on making this trip again , That is how much fun it really is, If U r interested or on the fence about this Give me or @drewestatejoe PM, Don't wait to long this could fill up fast, 1st come 1st go ........ESTELI here we come !
@CWS @jwintosh @King Kill 33

Last edited:

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
Nothing against you or your wife, but with all due respect, this trip isn't exactly the kind of trip to drag the wife along. If the trip doesn't fill up and the guys are okay with it, maybe join the group later on. But this kind of trip is for the BOTL guys to get together and really take in the cigar culture and relax with the guys. IMO, it's not the best idea for someone to bring their wife who doesn't even like cigars... that would be taking up a spot that another BOTL could've taken. And... do you really wanna subject your wife to 10 other guys smoking and drinking all day?? lol

Rating - 100%
165   0   0
Guys as @Kingpin has said and U have all heard me talk about this trip many times, I'm planning on making this trip again , That is how much fun it really is, If U r interested or on the fence about this Give me or @drewestatejoe PM, Don't wait to long this could fill up fast, 1st come 1st go ........ESTELI here we come !
@CWS @jwintosh @King Kill 33
I wish I could make it this year. Going to Cigar Safari has always been on my bucket list as I've never really experienced a tobacco farm or factory. Hopefully, next year I can make it.

Btw, I know from talking to @BradMc and several other brothers that going on the safari is one of the best experiences they've had as you get a sense of the passion of the people who work at Drew Estate and understand the cultural of Esteli, Nicaragua.

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
AlohaStyle, Yep this would probably be part of a vacation to Costa Rica. She'd just fly home a couple of days early. She enjoys a cigar occasionally but I'm not sure she would appreciate "immersion therapy".

AlohaStyle

BoM Sept '12 & Aug '13
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
AlohaStyle, Yep this would probably be part of a vacation to Costa Rica. She'd just fly home a couple of days early. She enjoys a cigar occasionally but I'm not sure she would appreciate "immersion therapy".
Well in that case, if you have any questions on what else to do in Nicaragua let me know. When I went with the BOTL group in 2010, I got there a couple days early and stayed in Granada, then after the guys left, I traveled South for 4 more days. All by myself. It was great.

Rupe

Suburban robot that monitors reality -BOM Feb.'13
Rating - 100%
401   0   0
I did the trip 3 years ago with @BradMc, @Eric, @Kingpin, @Jadawin and several others and would HIGHLY recommend it! Going on the cigar safari gave me a much better understanding of how cigars are produced. From the seed to the farm to the rolling houses to my local B&M, I now have a much deeper knowledge of the entire process. I also learned a lot about the history and people of Nicaragua which for me was an awesome bonus. If you are even at all considering this I would do it without hesitation. Unfortunately I do not have the extra cash right now of I would do it again in a heartbeat!

Rating - 100%
5   0   0
Well in that case, if you have any questions on what else to do in Nicaragua let me know. When I went with the BOTL group in 2010, I got there a couple days early and stayed in Granada, then after the guys left, I traveled South for 4 more days. All by myself. It was great.
Will do, thanks. We talked a bit about it last night.