What's new

Annoying habit of Cigar Makers...

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Not updating their sites when they launch a new cigar or cigar line.

I've seen Rocky Patel and Carlos Torano take forever to get their new products. My current gripe is a I smoked a La Flor Dominicana with a Curly head but can't find any info on this cigar.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
This is probably along the same lines of the old saying ... "the carpenter's house is the last one to be repaired." The majority of cigar makers are old school and I'm sure they would rather get the product in the hands of consumers vs. being concerned about getting their websites updated.

You can always take the initative by emailing them and getting some details.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
I completely Agree i was looking through Rocky Patels website and barely got any information that i was looking for....

cvm4

BoM - July '05 & Dec. '10
Rating - 100%
197   0   0
Every cigar maker site is like that. Hell, even Habanos S.A. site is updated! Padron and Fuente are probably the worst and CAO the best.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
I know, it is very annoying. Especially when you want to get some concrete info about it. They really need to get with it and get those pages updated....its 2005!

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
KD7HTH said:
Vedors need to realize that the web is our main source of obtaining their wonderful creations!
Definitely. This was annoying me yesterday when I was trying to find out some info. If it wasn't for the message boards I wouldn't get the info.

tobby4

June '05 BoM
Rating - 100%
57   0   0
You would think that they would know better and do something about it... but no... of course not, why put forth the effort...

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
tobby4 said:
You would think that they would know better and do something about it... but no... of course not, why put forth the effort...
You would think they would to sell more cigars. :santa2:

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Out of all the Cigar Makers I think CAO and Drew Estates really understand the web the best. My biggest complaint is they do some crap in FLASH! ugh... I hate annoying music and sites I can save graphics and text from, especially for writing articles.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Cigar_Jack said:
Out of all the Cigar Makers I think CAO and Drew Estates really understand the web the best. My biggest complaint is they do some crap in FLASH! ugh... I hate annoying music and sites I can save graphics and text from, especially for writing articles.
I agree. Every time I go to the CAO site I feel like I am going to a night club.

Rating - 100%
206   0   0
I somewhat agree ... but how many of you really care and would use it? Look at it another way ... if you're shopping for a new car, do you go to the Ford, Chevy, Toyota, etc. websites and get your info - or rather to places like Edmunds, Consumer Reports, Car & Driver + discussion groups? I think mfg websites are OK, but they basically become a test ground for the marketing dept.

IMO, the best place to find out about new cigars are the various cigar BBs (especially after events like RTDA). But even then there is no guarantee you will enjoy these new releases until you actually smoke one.

Cigar_Jack

BoM May 05
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
I'm not going there for a review. I'm going for the basic info about the wrapper and maybe any history. It shouldn't take long to key that into a site considering they already have to write all information for the marketing of the cigar already they just need someone to stick it up. The problem is many of these sites aren't the best designed sites and since they are done if flash some of the graphics ahve to be redone. A well designed site should allow somebody with no web design experience the ability to update the information on the site.

caudio51

BoM Nov '05; Mar '06
Rating - 96%
32   1   0
Same here. Just the basic info with some history is nice. Reviews I can get from the guys that smoke them over at the BBs.